Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hi guys,This looks really interesting. I just wanted to confirm to you all that this mod is not currently compatible with FS Water Configurator.If you run FSWC it will overwrite the shader files this mod installs. Since our shader does not have the relevant code to allow shader model 3 it will stop FSX from showing water completely.We may look into making FSWC+ compatible with this mod when we are nearer release.
Hi Paul,there are some variables (SpecularBoost,SpecularPower,BumpUVScale,BumpRotation etc) that can be set via WaterConstants.XML (is not documented) but, I've a new release that takes the variables from the WaterConstants file to make it easier to 'tweak' the FSX water... you can change bump, reflections, water speed and do it by 'segment' LOW, MID and HIGH so water changes based on your altitude.If you want send me a PM and I can provide you with all the info I have regarding this, it would be great if water configurator could work with this mod, since a lot of users keep asking about this via PM and even the forum.

I just made a quick screenshot for you, please see attached. It's 50% of original size.Kind regardsDave
Thanks!! I'll see what I can do in the next version, now v.1.3 is available here:http://www.venetubo.com/SM3_v1.3.zipWater is much, MUCH better. night and day...

Thanks again !Anyone using REX can modify the inland and ocean water colors manually.Plankton/Saturation/Brightness and Contrast.Now I made my water a bit darker and it is looking very good now.I will test v1.3 immediately now.When FSWC will be compatible with this Shader 3 mod verybody can set things as they desire.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just tried v1.3 , but I have to say that I prefer v1.2.The "waves" are too small ; on my system it looks like shimmering sand.But thanks anyway.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just tried v1.3 , but I have to say that I prefer v1.2.The "waves" are too small ; on my system it looks like shimmering sand.But thanks anyway.
Gerard, the 'waves' can be tweaked (size) very easily. For example, 'rename' (don't delete) the Waterconstants.XML file and recompile the shaders. You can change the power of reflections and size of waves tweaking a value called fWaveBumpUVScale (range goes from 1 to 10) 10 will make SMALL waves, one (1) will make them bigger. There are also 3 segments, LOW, MID, HIGH it refers to the properties applied to the water based on your altitude (you can make waves look big while close to the water, but tiny when airborne)

Gerard, the 'waves' can be tweaked (size) very easily. For example, 'rename' (don't delete) the Waterconstants.XML file and recompile the shaders. You can change the power of reflections and size of waves tweaking a value called fWaveBumpUVScale (range goes from 1 to 10) 10 will make SMALL waves, one (1) will make them bigger. There are also 3 segments, LOW, MID, HIGH it refers to the properties applied to the water based on your altitude (you can make waves look big while close to the water, but tiny when airborne)
I will try that for sure. Thanks !If the guys from FSWC will make their utility compatible with your shader mod everything can be tweaked from the gui.

Thank you *******!Version 1.3 works fine on my system.Bojote3_sm3_v13.jpgThis is with the following Rex settings: - Wave animation: FTXThen the colors even though they are irrelevant because the FTX PNW colors are used:- Ocean water: ocean BlueMy FSX water setting is low 2.xEnbseries applied and set up to my likings.

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Also there are so many blocks around my airplane when cruising at altitude.
You mean, texture 'tiles' that are not yet loaded? to fix add the following:[TERRAIN]MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21the above will force the highest ground texture levels under all conditions.

Guest 413X3

In FS9 I believe that number was 24, are you sure 21 is the max? Testing the new shader files and that tweak now, Thanks again

In FS9 I believe that number was 24, are you sure 21 is the max? Testing the new shader files and that tweak now, Thanks again
The MIN default is 15, the MAX default is 21... you are probably right it might go up to 24, however, since the MAX default was at 21 I assumed it to be the max.

Strange thing:As posted above everything was fine with shaders V1.3 until I added, tested and then removed MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 and MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21. (I have to make proper decisions what to spend my old systems processing power on, and I decided I do not need them in)After removing the MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 and MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 I got the same as Gerard "shimmering sand" also been referred to as "ants crawling" on the land textures. (Unfortunately they do not show on a screenshot.) Putting MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 and MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 back in renders the textures sharp again, but it does increase the load on my system. I can also fix it by reverting back to default fsx shaders or *******'s shader sm1.1.*******, has the "shimmering sand" on all the land textures something to do with the negative lod bias you've set in the smv1.3?

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

You mean, texture 'tiles' that are not yet loaded? to fix add the following:[TERRAIN]MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21the above will force the highest ground texture levels under all conditions.
These are the best settings ever! Thanks alot mister Bojote.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Strange thing:As posted above everything was fine with shaders V1.3 until I added, tested and then removed MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 and MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21. (I have to make proper decisions what to spend my old systems processing power on, and I decided I do not need them in)After removing the MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 and MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 I got the same as Gerard "shimmering sand" also been referred to as "ants crawling" on the land textures. (Unfortunately they do not show on a screenshot.) Putting MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 and MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 back in renders the textures sharp again, but it does increase the load on my system. I can also fix it by reverting back to default fsx shaders or *******'s shader sm1.1.*******, has the "shimmering sand" on all the land textures something to do with the negative lod bias you've set in the smv1.3?
Correct, the negative lod bias will make the textures very sharp, but it also means you need to run higher Aniso OR the MIN/MAX detail texture lines above.You can mod the shaders to set the LOD bias back to its normal value for the terrain so you don't get this 'sand' effect, simply go to the ShadersHLSL folder, look inside the Terrain subfolder and open the file called terrain.fhx inside that file, you'll find the LOD bias settings for the texture samplers for Terrain, you'll notice I only modified the BaseTexture sampler, so simple look for the -8 and change it back to either -4, -2 or even 0 which is the default. The setting is called MipMapLodBias and one of them will have a -8 next to it

Guest 413X3

Major texture flashes now, so the only way to fix it is to lock the framerate?