Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

If you just use the ENB bloom there's virtually no impact on frame rates, even on my laptop. There are other effects you can enable in ENB but I've never seen a config file aimed at FSX that enables those effects (dynamic occlusion, shadows, reflections, depth of field etc.) as they were designed to work with another game.I agree with the comments about there being radically different tastes in water. For me, the default water in FSX is just fine and I haven't been able to find any settings with the modded version that I like. So what I plan to do is use the water shader from 1.2 and everything else from the new version (if I could work out which files I need :( )Dave

Guest Zorg_DK

I have shimmering in the last version. I have added: MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21Which helped a lot, however I like the more smooth image from the first shader 3.0 mod. Also it seems like the detailed textures take a little longer to load in the last version (I'm using Orbx coarse textures from FTX Aero).How can I remove the shimmering? Or maybe I should just install the first version of the shader 3.0 mod?Thanks.

Guest Zorg_DK

Nevermind, I found the answer on page 9.

ENB series :On my system with 3 26" outside view screens Nicks version looks the best. Just try *******'version and Nick's version and choose the one you like most. ******* version comes with the SM3 packages. Nick's version can be downloaded here : Nicks ENB Bloom Settings
I would like to try it but can you explain how work the nick's version please :( ? It's a new enbseries.ini and d3d9.dll working with the Bojote's ShadersHLSL ?Must we keep the Bojote's ShadersHLSL folder and the "ALLOW_SHADER_30=1" parameter in the FSX.CFG ?Thanks :( Luc

I would like to try it but can you explain how work the nick's version please :( ? It's a new enbseries.ini and d3d9.dll working with the Bojote's ShadersHLSL ?Must we keep the Bojote's ShadersHLSL folder and the "ALLOW_SHADER_30=1" parameter in the FSX.CFG ?Thanks :( Luc
The d3d9.dll in both *******'and Nicks version are the same, so no need to replace them each time.You only need to replace the ini file to see how it looks.In Nicks versions you have to turn it on by using F12.In *******'version it is on by default.And yes, you keep *******' ShaderHLSL folder and the modifications you have made to the fsx.cfg file.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Link is dead
It is now in the AVSIM Library.Search for shader mod or '******* Altuve' and you'll see it.

I am still uncertain as to how to reinstate the original shaders if that becomes necessary. I understand that it would be necessary to 1) replace the original shader files, and 2) remove the Allow_Shader_30 instruction. Do you still have to change the Shader_Cache_Version number and restart the sim in order to re-compile? And if so, what do you then do with the Shader_Cache_Version instruction - remove it?

Yes: just delete the mod'd version, rename or copy back your saved original version, then open your fsx.cfg and put a couple of "//" at the beginning of the "ALLOW_SHADER_30" line (so that's it won't be read), then increment the Version number, save the fsx.cfg - then start the sim. The next thing you will see is the white rectangle with the black bar moving across it. This is the recompile happening. Then the rest of the sim will start.After you've shut down you can then remove (or "//" ) the version line if you want to.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest BOM

Very confusing...I used this shader mod, and had the exact thing happen to me. Re-istalled FSX cause I thought did somethign wrong somewhere..Don't really understand the benefit of all this tweaking when it ends up creating complete havoc instead of making it better.I've seen the screenshots here, they look weird IMO...OK, back to default, and REX2!Thanks...

Thanks, Paul. Concise and articulate. I hope this gives people courage in the face of all this chaos....

Very confusing...I used this shader mod, and had the exact thing happen to me. Re-istalled FSX cause I thought did somethign wrong somewhere..Don't really understand the benefit of all this tweaking when it ends up creating complete havoc instead of making it better.I've seen the screenshots here, they look weird IMO...OK, back to default, and REX2!Thanks...
You are really over complicating this. All you have to do is download the file, copy your shadersHLSL folder and save it somewhere. Next, replace the shadersHLSL file with the one from the download. Finally, add the following two lines to the [GRAPHICS] section of your fsx.cfg:SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 (change this number to make FSX recompile the shaders)ALLOW_SHADER_30=1That's it. If you want to go back to the original shaders, just replace the shadersHLSL file with the copy you backed up, and change the number again for the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION line.

Guest pwheeler
Hi Paul,there are some variables (SpecularBoost,SpecularPower,BumpUVScale,BumpRotation etc) that can be set via WaterConstants.XML (is not documented) but, I've a new release that takes the variables from the WaterConstants file to make it easier to 'tweak' the FSX water... you can change bump, reflections, water speed and do it by 'segment' LOW, MID and HIGH so water changes based on your altitude.If you want send me a PM and I can provide you with all the info I have regarding this, it would be great if water configurator could work with this mod, since a lot of users keep asking about this via PM and even the forum.
Hi *******,sorry about the long wait for a reply - I don't get on here as much as I used to!We are already messing with WaterConstants for FSWC+. I've had controls set up to easily change the focus, gain etc. of the specular reflections for a while now (since just after the original FSWC release in fact!). Unfortunately, programming the new interface became very bogged down by real life - hense the long delay on getting FSWC+ out there.The problem with modding WaterConstants of course is that you have to restart the sim to see any changes, whereas with just simple shader changes FSX can be updated on the fly. We've got full controls for bump mapping, water speed etc. coming in the new version - its just very behind schedule at the moment.One direction I did think about taking things (which can be easily done in DX10 I think...) is automating bump map scaling, speed, reflections etc using weather conditions.If you look at the DX10 shader the white caps are controlled by a wind speed variable. So there are more white caps in high winds. It would be simple to manipulate this to make the wind speed variable control other aspects of the shader, such as wave speed, wave height etc. and even the reflection intensities. So in high winds you'd get large, fast waves with low reflections and when the wind speed drops the reflections would pick up again and the wave speed and size drop back - and it would all be automatic and in real time.I just wish I had the time to develop this idea more...As for compatiblity with the basic FSWC - I'm sure we could make that happen. We should be able to integrate some of your changes into the main FSWC shader file.If you want to drop me a line I can discuss this further if you want - email is paulwheeler@revcorp.co.uk - or drop by the Striking Software forum: www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum

If you want to drop me a line I can discuss this further if you want - email is paulwheeler@revcorp.co.uk - or drop by the Striking Software forum: www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum
Will do, this week is going to be a very busy one for me :) but when I have some time I'll go over to your forum to discuss this further. By the way, yes.. I also saw the whitecaps and wind influence, in fact if you check closely the mod shader I did it incorporates most of the features found in the DX10 shader for the water. I did not incorporate the whitecaps because it was adding more steps to an already time consuming process, but yes.. there IS room for improvement and I'm willing to work closely with you to make the FS Water configurators/shaders 100% compatible in the future. I guess I need more free time, next week I'm starting some consulting work for a full month ON SITE for a client.. so, no forums for me.