Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hi ******* - thanks for the reply.I was running Low 2x. Just tried it at High 2x and I got texture corruption and black screens (I could still recover the app and close FSX normally). I am running the performance edition with the enbseries and BP=0 mod (with the highmem fix). Back to the SM2 shaders and I hardly drop below 30fps with no spikes or corruption...strange.

What is your water slider set to? try using HIGH 2.0 and also make sure you download the one in the library that says 'performance edition'

What I fail to see/find is the information if this mod benefits in any way at all to Nvidia (GTX285) users.I'm using it but can't notice anything except the water shimmers way too much for my taste.. but if I'm getting anything at all out of this I'm willing to sacrifice this water effect.. but again, can't find one thing. Don't get me wrong, I understand this mod is something near the miracle for ATI users, so I applaud bojote for his work!

Me too , still waiting for some kind reply by ******* :(

******* , first let me say warm thanks for this mod.Could you please say the benefits of using SM 3.0 (latest-Performance edition) with simple words for my case.(Performance/Visual improvement and

Hi BobCan I help out here perhaps - see Bojote's opening statement in his first post of this thread:Best you can do is think of this as an 'experimental' mod to enable Shader Model 3.0 support in FSX. Personally, I use it for daily flying, and the IQ and/or performance improvement is NOT evident, so, you be the judge, if you like it, keep it, if you don't revert back to your original shaders following the instructions inside.He himself sees no improvement, and check his computer specs in his signature.It's the ATI card users like me, who have always suffered from image quality and lower frame rates than Intel/nVidia users, that are seeing the benefit of enabling Shader Model 3, for me that is improved clarity, and bnghter and vivid colours. Bojote's other work has given me higher frame rates and smoother rendering too.I'm sorry you can't see improvement, but with Shader 3, I guess we ATI people are maybe getting closer to what you see already. gliderdriver

I'm running two GTX 285 overclocked to 710/1375/1600 in AFR mode with BP=0 on a tripplehead2go setup (3840x1024 resolution). I have seen an improvement in smoothness. Before, in the far corners of the screen I would see a slight micro stutter that would really irritate, but using the performance shaders its now gone. I guess if you are not using a very demanding resolution, the benefits of the mod can't be seen.Using the mixed Shader 2 & 3 download caused terrible stutters every few seconds.For me anyway, all the work Bojote has done has transformed FSX

Stephen Munn

I'm sorry you can't see improvement, but with Shader 3, I guess we ATI people are maybe getting closer to what you see already. gliderdriver
Gliderdriver, you are correct. Most of the improvements are evident for ATI users. The only 'general' improvement which all will see is the water effects. but, you know how strange our hobby is... people have VERY different tastes in terms of that they think is 'realistic' water.Personally, I could not go back to the original shaders! because I absolutely love the new water, again.. personal taste :) performance wise I don't see a single frame increase.

Gliderdriver, you are correct. Most of the improvements are evident for ATI users. The only 'general' improvement which all will see is the water effects. but, you know how strange our hobby is... people have VERY different tastes in terms of that they think is 'realistic' water.Personally, I could not go back to the original shaders! because I absolutely love the new water, again.. personal taste :) performance wise I don't see a single frame increase.
Thanks ******* and gliderdriver for reply

Guest 413X3

in the enbseries.ini file, what does it mean with the alternative config line? If that file is missing, will it cause performance issues? Also make sure to change the monitor refresh rate line to your exact refresh rate. Mine is stuck at 59 for some reason, can't get the monitor to go up to 60

*******, First of all thank you so mutch, i just installed the shader update and the water looks better now by default only have to install REX and some sceneries and i will switch to FSX :D. I m running kinda the same system as you, is there a possibility we could stay in touch via PM or MSN, would like to share some experiences with you man!. Again thanks for again for the great contribution.

Best Regards,

Xander Leegsma

Guest 413X3

does anyone else have tropical sim sceneries? I am having tons of crashing and freezing issues with them after using this shader file

Guest 413X3

crash crash crash, should I not be using the performance mods with the enbseries mod?

crash crash crash, should I not be using the performance mods with the enbseries mod?
I removed the ENBSeries mod from the performance version because of instability problems when used with HIGHMEMFIX=1 take enbseries out and you'll fix your crashes.

Guest lgt1

What exactly does the enbseries mod do I run an ati 4670 card with 1gig ddr3 video ram and have have the frame rate locked at 20 FPS and it barely fluctuates I tried the performance mod and the frame rates where about the same .But I did not remove the previosly installed enbseries mod . I almost think that my textures look better with the non performance version could this be ?

Hi ive added the new shader's but am getting some cotton wool type cloud reflections.is there any way I can adust thisBob

Hi ive added the new shader's but am getting some cotton wool type cloud reflections.is there any way I can adust thisBob
The Shader 3 adds beter waves so now the mirror like cloud reflections look more scattered. Like in reality.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0