Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

*******, what do I modify to lessen the intensity of the reflection of the sky in the water?

*******,Thanks for all your work regarding this. I just installed the Shader 3.0 v1.5 mod found in the Avsim library and it works wonderfully with one exception - the 'sparkles' or sunlight does not show on the water surface anymore. It did once right after I lifted off but I have yet to see it come back since. I tried to look through this thread to find any solution but to no avail. at least not yet. Btw, I have an ATI HD5770 card. For all intents and purposes otherwise, this with the BufferPools mod. is working fantastically - I have absolutely everything maxed out just no light bloom or aircraft shadows on self (because I don't like the look of either of them) and it runs a solid and smooth 20-30fps even with 100% AI Traffic.Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

Kyle, I also have a 5770 and the "sparkles" work for me. Perhaps something in your graphics settings is causing this? My ATI CCC settings are:AA: 4X (Narrow Tent for 6X Samples. "Use application settings" is unchecked)AA Mode: Super-SampleAF: 16X ("Use application settings" is unchecked)Catalyst AI: DisabledMipmap: High QualityTripple Buffering: Unchecked

*******,Thanks for all your work regarding this. I just installed the Shader 3.0 v1.5 mod found in the Avsim library and it works wonderfully with one exception - the 'sparkles' or sunlight does not show on the water surface anymore. It did once right after I lifted off but I have yet to see it come back since. I tried to look through this thread to find any solution but to no avail. at least not yet. Btw, I have an ATI HD5770 card. For all intents and purposes otherwise, this with the BufferPools mod. is working fantastically - I have absolutely everything maxed out just no light bloom or aircraft shadows on self (because I don't like the look of either of them) and it runs a solid and smooth 20-30fps even with 100% AI Traffic.Thanks again!
Sure Kyle,good catch.. I noticed this as well two weeks ago, but the problem is not the actual shader, but the updated WaterConstants.XML file, I was planning to release BOTH an updated shader set AND an updated WaterConstants.xml file, BETA testers are testing :) I really want to wait a full week and get some feedback.In the meantime, you can simply use the WaterConstants.XML file found here:http://www.venetubo.com/ShadersNuevos.zip

Kyle, I also have a 5770 and the "sparkles" work for me. Perhaps something in your graphics settings is causing this? My ATI CCC settings are:AA: 4X (Narrow Tent for 6X Samples. "Use application settings" is unchecked)AA Mode: Super-SampleAF: 16X ("Use application settings" is unchecked)Catalyst AI: DisabledMipmap: High QualityTripple Buffering: Unchecked
I have the same settings but I use application settings for both AA and AF when in FSX (otherwise I set them myself) as this is what has worked best for me but I will try your settings later on as well, thanks!*******, thanks a lot I will throw this in and test it out and let you know if it works for me or not if you wish!

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb

Kyle, I have discovered that the grids aren't entirely gone, but rather greatly diminished. Still, I hope that will help.

*******, thanks a lot I will throw this in and test it out and let you know if it works for me or not if you wish!
No prob. Don't forget that after adding the WaterConstants.XML file you still need to do a shader re-compile as instructed in the README for the original shaders.

Works perfectly for me, thanks for the update :DBell - I tried your Catalyst settings - The AA is slightly nicer than before but performance isn't as good particularly when looking at a lot of ocean water - before, I just had AA/AF as application-controlled and I checked the AA box inside of FSX (I know most of us have known the contrary for forever but for some reason it just works with FSX for me...). I'll probably use your settings for when I want to take screenshots but for everyday flying I've just been using the in-game settings like before. :)I'm also not familiar with those that are describing the 'grid' type water? I must not be having that problem...?

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb

Hi *******,thank you very much for your efforts that look very promising and might open many more new possibilities. I use shader 3 since some weeks (now your newest set "ShadersNuevos.zip" downloaded from here) and today when testing night effects I found two strange things (see attachment). - sun reflection on the water is still visible when the sun is under the horizon- moon reflection is way too strong, looks as intense as from the sun.I am not sure if they were present with the default shaders, at least I think moon reflection was weaker than the sun's.I hope it is possible to fix these issues...Another observation: the "griddy" sun reflection I had with previous versions of your shader has almost gone with the version from "ShadersNuevos.zip", but only for low altitudes. When I get higher the grid becomes visible more and more. Also, the switch between LOW, MID and HIGH (especially well visible when ascending through 1500 ft) seems not to work anymore.Kind regards

hi *******... my name is rick - from germany .... how are you ..... dont wanna disturb your doings but i need your help on your sm 3.0 modification ...... i am new to avsim ---- somehow wanted to add a reply in the thread but it does not work.... :( did sent this via pm too ..... pls ignore the pm (heard that u dont reply to pms) :-) anyway...... could u please do me a favour and check my config due to the fact that my water (even with sm3 mod) looks like ....... ###### ......... here is my profile: Win 7 - 64 Bit Home Premium - Core i5-750@4ghz - 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz @ CL9 by G.Skills with Headspreader - ATI Saphire 5870 - Scythe Mugen Cooler - 1x SSD Disc as Systemdisc -- 2 x Velociraptor 300 GB as FSX-disc in Raid0 -- 1 x 1 TB Samsung HD103UJ Sata IImit 32 mb Cache - 600 Watt Sharkoon Powersupply etc. etc. Software: fsx (sp1 and 2 - plus acc-pack) , rex2, utx europe and america, gex europe, aerosoft germany vfr 1 to 4 , fsglobal 2010 , mytraffic x, several airports - no planes - only default so far ..... and this is my config (note that water is at 2x low --- do i have to change this ????) - many thanx for yr help forgot: AA is at 8x oversampling -- so as AI Config: [GRAPHICS] HIGHMEMFIX=1 ForceFullScreenVSync=1 ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500718 SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500718 SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872430 TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 NUM_LIGHTS=8 AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1 AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1 COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1 LANDING_LIGHTS=1 AC_SELF_SHADOW=0 EFFECTS_QUALITY=1 GROUND_SHADOWS=0 TEXTURE_QUALITY=3 IMAGE_QUALITY=0 See_Self=1 Text_Scroll=1 D3D10=0 [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14 [sOUND] AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000 PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03} VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03} SOUND=1 SOUND_QUALITY=2 SOUND_LOD=0 UISound=1 AmbientUI=0 SOUND_FADER1=0.690000 SOUND_FADER2=0.580000 SOUND_FADER3=0.400000 SOUND_FADER4=0.540000 AmbientUIMusic=FSX01 [Display] ChangeTime=4.000000 TransitionTime=4.000000 ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255 ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64 NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255 NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64 InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0 InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0 InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255 InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128 InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255 InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128 InfoBrakesEnable=True InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True InfoPauseEnable=True InfoSlewEnable=True InfoStallEnable=True InfoOverspeedEnable=False BLOOM_EFFECTS=0 SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1 TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30 WideViewAspect=True RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.6 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.6 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.6 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.6 [Main] FIBRE_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25 User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc ProcSpeed=14233 PerfBucket=7 HideMenuNormal=0 HideMenuFullscreen=1 Maximized=1 Location=2480,211,3520,989,\\.\DISPLAY1 SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\aircraft [PANELS] IMAGE_QUALITY=1 QUICKTIPS=1 PANEL_OPACITY=100 PANEL_MASKING=1 PANEL_STRETCHING=1 UNITS_OF_MEASURE=1 DEFAULT_VIEW=0 [Weather] WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1 MinGustTime=10 MaxGustTime=500 MinGustRampSpeed=1 MaxGustRampSpeed=200 MinVarTime=5 MaxVarTime=50 MinVarRampSpeed=10 MaxVarRampSpeed=75 TurbulenceScale=1.000000 WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com WeatherServerPort=80 WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0 AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1 DynamicWeather=0 DownloadWindsAloft=0 DisableTurbulence=0 CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3 DETAILED_CLOUDS=1 CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7 THERMAL_VISUALS=0 [DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0] Mode=6000x1200x32 Anisotropic=1 [AccelerationPack] ControlsFirstRun=0 HomePageFirstRun=0 [CONTROLS] Controls_Default=Standard Controls_Current=Standard KBDAIL=64 KBDELEV=64 KBDRUD=64 stick_sensitivity_mode=0 [TextInfo.1] Latitude=1,1 Longitude=1,2 Altitude=1,3 Heading=1,4 AirSpeed=1,5 WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6 [TextInfo.2] FrameRate=1,1 LockedFrameRate= GForce=1,3 FuelPercentage=1,4 AverageFrameRate=1,2 [TextInfo.3] Latitude=1,1 Longitude=1,2 Altitude=1,3 Heading=1,4 AirSpeed=1,5 WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6 FrameRate=2,1 LockedFrameRate= GForce=2,3 FuelPercentage=2,4 AverageFrameRate=2,2 [slewTextInfo.1] Latitude=1,1 Longitude=1,2 Altitude=1,3 Heading=1,4 AirSpeed=1,5 [slewTextInfo.2] FrameRate=1,1 LockedFrameRate=1,2 [slewTextInfo.3] Latitude=1,1 Longitude=1,2 Altitude=1,3 Heading=1,4 AirSpeed=1,5 FrameRate=2,1 LockedFrameRate=2,2 [DynamicHeadMovement] LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000 LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000 RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000 YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000 RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000 MaxHeadAngle=5.000000 MaxHeadOffset=0.300000 HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000 [VirtualCopilot] VirtualCopilotActive=0 [uSERINTERFACE] PageID=1 SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0 PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0 PROMPT_ON_EXIT=0 SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM Map_Orientation=2 OpenATCOnCreate=0 ShowAllACPaintSchemes=0 SelectAircraftManufacturer=Alle SelectAircraftPublisher=Alle SelectAircraftType=Alle DisplayFuelAsWeight=0 [ATC] ShowATCText=1 COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6 COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00 COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840 AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1 UsePilotVoice=1 PilotVoice=0 [PointOfInterestSystem] CycleSetting=0 [sCENERY] LENSFLARE=1 DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1 IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3 [TrafficManager] AirlineDensity=18 GADensity=18 FreewayDensity=10 ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0 LeisureBoatsDensity=0 IFROnly=0 AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1 [TERRAIN] LOD_RADIUS=6.500000 MESH_COMPLEXITY=100 MESH_RESOLUTION=21 TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=27 AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3 DETAIL_TEXTURE=1 WATER_EFFECTS=4 SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30 TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1400 TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2500 [AContain] ShowLabels=1 ShowUserLabel=0 ShowLabelManufacturer=0 ShowLabelModel=1 ShowLabelTailNumber=1 ShowLabelDistance=0 ShowLabelAltitude=0 ShowLabelAirline=0 ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0 ShowLabelFlightPlan=0 ShowLabelContainerId=0 ShowLabelAirspeed=0 ShowLabelHeading=0 LabelDelay=2000 LabelColor=FFFF0000 [iNTERNATIONAL] ASLAT=2 ASLON=1 MEASURE=2 [REALISM] PFactor=0.690000 Torque=0.710000 GyroEffect=0.710000 CrashTolerance=0.710000 General=0.700000 UnlimitedFuel=False AllowEngineDamage=False TrueAirspeed=False AutoCoord=True RealMixture=False StressDamage=False GEffect=True ManualLights=False GyroDrift=False CrashWithDyn=False CrashDetection=False AutoTrim=False [sIM] SYSCLOCK=1 [sTARTUP] DEMO=0 SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1 STARTUP_DEMO= LoadWindow=1 [FACILITIES] COUNTRY= STATE= CITY= GTL_BUTTON=1349 [Misc] Com_Rate=7 [bUFFERPOOLS] Usepools=0 PoolSize=0 [Trusted] F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.rutcnwwioknczaiawcihtunebnktrntruwtarecn=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.uhnbobbbkrlozhzwqthclelonkactlobictozbba=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.whbnczlqwuhwtieuaznzlnhlbbkqzlhztlcnbnin=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Mooney_Bravo.DLL.rqkzceuuzaiinwwzlhwhczbweqnbaoowcqukkqab=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.ernbeltuknqbwelanbniihzbrucaelaeuraeluta=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.lzrhbccekwikqnkobazbobnnenzhiolohichtzbw=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.bbqwbewlzqqbelaquwwqqhclttbrntoweuiaorwn=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.iaequtzzkkwzbuaubbuwuztwochkluantowzhkrl=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.otbqlknonwrhbkrctbrhauanuciulaehiqeurtoi=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.qzzbqirnllrozzribtbrocqqkiwwkzwknowueaue=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\AEMODULE.dll.ruktbwwncrwozoiwuiahnelarqekaeearuecacia=1 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.kqhheqanoelwwtheahzwunlazqnqwnbnnlclqcuk=1 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.cntetqoqetrrnrbnqihzqowotqtukcttczlkkoch=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F0.GAU.blwluhzleowtibekqhraqwcuuhlblhhonibnihio=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F1.GAU.zozlqilkuheunwuzeheauqzlzzcnwewtbnueiwlb=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F2.GAU.htzhektalzzaniqbtiwhzookczwtakcehtqaheuw=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\RadioMoney.GAU.zntrktzeqiqokwcltokbtretkzooetcoizreckit=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F3.GAU.awokqtnqkeeqnulzqohrnkczrleczohtzkuculrn=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F4.GAU.quqrotiolwzwbaazziareqrkhbbbulcheaawbaoz=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20FVFR.GAU.lqoqqennrwnkilbrktwowhaktzqaoqkbckurweka=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F7.GAU.uaukonzthkibttobhrhkranluwnzerhrekzrenbw=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20FM.GAU.quhoiknezbiklnraetwrnkritzibeonktulacnbn=2 [DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0.0] Mode=5248x1050x32 [FlightPlanMap] LineWidth=2 SHOW_AIRPORTS=1 SHOW_VORS=1 SHOW_NDBS=1 SHOW_APPROACHES=1 SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1 SHOW_VICTOR=0 SHOW_JET=0 SHOW_AIRSPACE=1 SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1 SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1 SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1 SHOW_DATATAGS=1 SHOW_TERRAIN=1 show_waypoints=1 show_airways=1 show_markers=1 show_volume_boundaries=1 show_ac_twr=1 [RWW_WEATHER_MAP] SHOW_AIRPORTS=0 SHOW_VORS=0 SHOW_NDBS=0 SHOW_APPROACHES=0 SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0 SHOW_VICTOR=0 SHOW_JET=0 SHOW_AIRSPACE=0 SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1 SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1 SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1 SHOW_DATATAGS=1 SHOW_TERRAIN=1 [MULTIPLAYER] condAccoutPassword=0 VoiceVolume=1.080000

Guest 413X3

Rick, does your water look just plain light blue like a flat texture block? Do you use fs water configurator?

hi....no i do not use a water configurator ... i use rex2 ... thought thats enough ......my water looks a bit boring ? - not as shiny and wavy as posted several times in this thread .... my setting so far is low x2 .... if i put it any higher i get a very unnatural way of dark shoring / shading - thats how i can discribe it ........maybe i have to load up a picture.......... anyway ...... any help is appreciated ......cheers .. ric

attached u can see my water over friday harbor - daytime --- water is at 2x low ...... somehow it look pretty boring, or ???thanks ... ric

attached u can see my water over friday harbor - daytime --- water is at 2x low ...... somehow it look pretty boring, or ???thanks ... ric
I had the same problem and that's why I reverted back to my previous shaders. Probably a reflection setting that is to high.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png