Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

I had the same problem and that's why I reverted back to my previous shaders. Probably a reflection setting that is to high.jja
In your WaterConstants.xml file, there is an entry called:<fSpecularBoost>1.490</fSpecularBoost>It controls the power of SUN/MOON reflections. There are 3 sections, LOW/MID/HIGH (the first is LOW) adjusting the value UP increases the reflection power... when changing this value, make sure you also do so for the other sections (MID/HIGH) because if they are too far apart you loose reflections.And I apologize for not getting back to some of you guys with questions or posts, I'm in the middle of a big project for a customer and is taking 100% of my time, I barely sleep :(

In your WaterConstants.xml file, there is an entry called:<fSpecularBoost>1.490</fSpecularBoost>It controls the power of SUN/MOON reflections. There are 3 sections, LOW/MID/HIGH (the first is LOW) adjusting the value UP increases the reflection power... when changing this value, make sure you also do so for the other sections (MID/HIGH) because if they are too far apart you loose reflections.And I apologize for not getting back to some of you guys with questions or posts, I'm in the middle of a big project for a customer and is taking 100% of my time, I barely sleep :(
Cool and thanks. It may be awhile before I can try it out because I have to rebuild my computer because I bought a pirated copy of Windows 7.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

attached u can see my water over friday harbor - daytime --- water is at 2x low ...... somehow it look pretty boring, or ???thanks ... ric
have tried the shader3 but only get the 'grid'ed' type water. so as you can see from the pic of Friday night flyover i get resonable textures in the default fSX shader's(modified with Tom Knudsen performance texture fix for my low end spec) I think it gives a good perception of movement of the ocean.It's all down to, I suppose to your individual choice. I also use the low 2x because i don't like the cloud reflections generated by the FSX engine, I don't think we will ever get dark reflections from the clouds.

hey ******* .....i checked my waterconstants.xml ... and saw the follwing:specular boost LOW was set to 1490 specular boost MID was set to 1491specular boost HIGH was set to 1491all these are the values given by yr sm3.0 mod (latest version) ...... where do i have to change the values to ???? 1495 acc???please advise ......what i also get are some strange "point" reflection when fly over water - and they follow me .... any advise ????here is my latest config...... [GRAPHICS] ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872434 HIGHMEMFIX=1 ForceFullScreenVSync=1 SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500721 SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500721 STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024 TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048 NUM_LIGHTS=8 AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1 AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1 COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1 LANDING_LIGHTS=1 AC_SELF_SHADOW=0 EFFECTS_QUALITY=1 GROUND_SHADOWS=0 TEXTURE_QUALITY=3 IMAGE_QUALITY=0 See_Self=1 Text_Scroll=1 D3D10=0 [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14 [sOUND] AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000 PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03} VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03} SOUND=1 SOUND_QUALITY=2 SOUND_LOD=0 UISound=1 AmbientUI=0 SOUND_FADER1=0.630000 SOUND_FADER2=0.580000 SOUND_FADER3=0.400000 SOUND_FADER4=0.660000 AmbientUIMusic=FSX01 [Display] ChangeTime=4.000000 TransitionTime=4.000000 ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255 ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64 NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255 NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64 InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0 InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0 InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255 InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128 InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255 InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128 InfoBrakesEnable=True InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True InfoPauseEnable=True InfoSlewEnable=True InfoStallEnable=True InfoOverspeedEnable=False BLOOM_EFFECTS=0 SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1 TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30 WideViewAspect=True RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.6 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.6 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.6 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.6 [Main] FIBRE_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.30 User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc ProcSpeed=14233 PerfBucket=7 HideMenuNormal=0 HideMenuFullscreen=1 Maximized=1 Location=2190,0,3725,1160,\\.\DISPLAY1 SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\aircraft [PANELS] IMAGE_QUALITY=1 QUICKTIPS=0 PANEL_OPACITY=100 PANEL_MASKING=1 PANEL_STRETCHING=1 UNITS_OF_MEASURE=1 DEFAULT_VIEW=0 [Weather] WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1 MinGustTime=10 MaxGustTime=500 MinGustRampSpeed=1 MaxGustRampSpeed=200 MinVarTime=5 MaxVarTime=50 MinVarRampSpeed=10 MaxVarRampSpeed=75 TurbulenceScale=1.000000 WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com WeatherServerPort=80 WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0 AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1 DynamicWeather=0 DownloadWindsAloft=0 DisableTurbulence=0 CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3 DETAILED_CLOUDS=1 CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7 THERMAL_VISUALS=0 [DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0] Mode=6000x1200x32 Anisotropic=1 AntiAlias=1 [AccelerationPack] ControlsFirstRun=0 HomePageFirstRun=0 [CONTROLS] Controls_Default=Standard Controls_Current=Standard KBDAIL=64 KBDELEV=64 KBDRUD=64 stick_sensitivity_mode=0 [TextInfo.1] Latitude=1,1 Longitude=1,2 Altitude=1,3 Heading=1,4 AirSpeed=1,5 WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6 [TextInfo.2] FrameRate=1,1 LockedFrameRate= GForce=1,3 FuelPercentage=1,4 AverageFrameRate=1,2 [TextInfo.3] Latitude=1,1 Longitude=1,2 Altitude=1,3 Heading=1,4 AirSpeed=1,5 WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6 FrameRate=2,1 LockedFrameRate= GForce=2,3 FuelPercentage=2,4 AverageFrameRate=2,2 [slewTextInfo.1] Latitude=1,1 Longitude=1,2 Altitude=1,3 Heading=1,4 AirSpeed=1,5 [slewTextInfo.2] FrameRate=1,1 LockedFrameRate=1,2 [slewTextInfo.3] Latitude=1,1 Longitude=1,2 Altitude=1,3 Heading=1,4 AirSpeed=1,5 FrameRate=2,1 LockedFrameRate=2,2 [DynamicHeadMovement] LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000 LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000 RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000 YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000 RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000 MaxHeadAngle=5.000000 MaxHeadOffset=0.300000 HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000 [VirtualCopilot] VirtualCopilotActive=0 [uSERINTERFACE] PageID=6 SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0 PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0 PROMPT_ON_EXIT=0 SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM Map_Orientation=2 OpenATCOnCreate=0 ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1 SelectAircraftManufacturer=Alle SelectAircraftPublisher=Alle SelectAircraftType=Alle DisplayFuelAsWeight=0 [ATC] ShowATCText=1 COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6 COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00 COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840 AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1 UsePilotVoice=1 PilotVoice=0 [PointOfInterestSystem] CycleSetting=0 [sCENERY] LENSFLARE=1 DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1 IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3 [TrafficManager] AirlineDensity=18 GADensity=18 FreewayDensity=6 ShipsAndFerriesDensity=6 LeisureBoatsDensity=2 IFROnly=0 AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1 [TERRAIN] LOD_RADIUS=5.500000 MESH_COMPLEXITY=100 MESH_RESOLUTION=23 TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=27 AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3 DETAIL_TEXTURE=1 MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=15 MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21 WATER_EFFECTS=4 SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30 TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1500 TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2200 [AContain] ShowLabels=0 ShowUserLabel=0 ShowLabelManufacturer=0 ShowLabelModel=1 ShowLabelTailNumber=1 ShowLabelDistance=0 ShowLabelAltitude=0 ShowLabelAirline=0 ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0 ShowLabelFlightPlan=0 ShowLabelContainerId=0 ShowLabelAirspeed=0 ShowLabelHeading=0 LabelDelay=2000 LabelColor=FFFF0000 [iNTERNATIONAL] ASLAT=2 ASLON=0 MEASURE=2 [REALISM] PFactor=0.500000 Torque=0.500000 GyroEffect=0.500000 CrashTolerance=0.500000 General=0.500000 UnlimitedFuel=False AllowEngineDamage=False TrueAirspeed=False AutoCoord=True RealMixture=False StressDamage=False GEffect=False ManualLights=False GyroDrift=False CrashWithDyn=False CrashDetection=False AutoTrim=False [sIM] SYSCLOCK=1 [sTARTUP] DEMO=0 SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1 STARTUP_DEMO= LoadWindow=1 [FACILITIES] COUNTRY= STATE= CITY= GTL_BUTTON=1264 [Misc] Com_Rate=7 [bUFFERPOOLS] Usepools=0 PoolSize=0 [Trusted] F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.rutcnwwioknczaiawcihtunebnktrntruwtarecn=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.uhnbobbbkrlozhzwqthclelonkactlobictozbba=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.whbnczlqwuhwtieuaznzlnhlbbkqzlhztlcnbnin=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Mooney_Bravo.DLL.rqkzceuuzaiinwwzlhwhczbweqnbaoowcqukkqab=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.ernbeltuknqbwelanbniihzbrucaelaeuraeluta=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.lzrhbccekwikqnkobazbobnnenzhiolohichtzbw=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.bbqwbewlzqqbelaquwwqqhclttbrntoweuiaorwn=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.iaequtzzkkwzbuaubbuwuztwochkluantowzhkrl=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.otbqlknonwrhbkrctbrhauanuciulaehiqeurtoi=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.qzzbqirnllrozzribtbrocqqkiwwkzwknowueaue=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\AEMODULE.dll.ruktbwwncrwozoiwuiahnelarqekaeearuecacia=1 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.kqhheqanoelwwtheahzwunlazqnqwnbnnlclqcuk=1 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.cntetqoqetrrnrbnqihzqowotqtukcttczlkkoch=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F0.GAU.blwluhzleowtibekqhraqwcuuhlblhhonibnihio=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F1.GAU.zozlqilkuheunwuzeheauqzlzzcnwewtbnueiwlb=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F2.GAU.htzhektalzzaniqbtiwhzookczwtakcehtqaheuw=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\RadioMoney.GAU.zntrktzeqiqokwcltokbtretkzooetcoizreckit=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F3.GAU.awokqtnqkeeqnulzqohrnkczrleczohtzkuculrn=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F4.GAU.quqrotiolwzwbaazziareqrkhbbbulcheaawbaoz=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20FVFR.GAU.lqoqqennrwnkilbrktwowhaktzqaoqkbckurweka=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20F7.GAU.uaukonzthkibttobhrhkranluwnzerhrekzrenbw=2 F:\Microsoft FSX Ordner\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Money20FM.GAU.quhoiknezbiklnraetwrnkritzibeonktulacnbn=2 [DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0.0] Mode=5248x1050x32 [FlightPlanMap] LineWidth=2 SHOW_AIRPORTS=1 SHOW_VORS=1 SHOW_NDBS=1 SHOW_APPROACHES=1 SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1 SHOW_VICTOR=0 SHOW_JET=0 SHOW_AIRSPACE=1 SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1 SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1 SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1 SHOW_DATATAGS=1 SHOW_TERRAIN=1 show_waypoints=1 show_airways=1 show_markers=1 show_volume_boundaries=1 show_ac_twr=1 [RWW_WEATHER_MAP] SHOW_AIRPORTS=0 SHOW_VORS=0 SHOW_NDBS=0 SHOW_APPROACHES=0 SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0 SHOW_VICTOR=0 SHOW_JET=0 SHOW_AIRSPACE=0 SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1 SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1 SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1 SHOW_DATATAGS=1 SHOW_TERRAIN=1 [MULTIPLAYER] condAccoutPassword=0 VoiceVolume=1.320000

Cool and thanks. It may be awhile before I can try it out because I have to rebuild my computer because I bought a pirated copy of Windows 7.jja
That's something that is frowned upon here, bad enough you have issues with your computer due to a pirated copy of w7, what's worse is that you told us and it can result in yourself getting banned.

\Robert Hamlich/

That's something that is frowned upon here, bad enough you have issues with your computer due to a pirated copy of w7, what's worse is that you told us and it can result in yourself getting banned.
Nice. I was scammed! Bought it online from what I thought was a legit company. Turned out that it was a MSDN copy. It wouldn't work anymore so I had to get a copy from Best Buy. Nothing like buying an OS 2x.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hi ******* I'm using ATI 5870 with your latest Shader 3.0 mod. Until yesterday it worked fine. But today I'm getting tearing landscapes and in chase view the aircraft is almost gone - only very few parts are present, as propels and canopy. What is going on - do you have any idea??! Regards

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Nice. I was scammed! Bought it online from what I thought was a legit company. Turned out that it was a MSDN copy. It wouldn't work anymore so I had to get a copy from Best Buy. Nothing like buying an OS 2x.jja
If you were scammed then there is just cause for a charge-back from your credit card company.... uhm you did pay with a credit card, I hope? If that is the case call them ASAP and get your money back.Good luck,

\Robert Hamlich/

hi ..... a question ..... is there anyone out there who has an idea of what values my specular-boost values have to be set to??thanks for help ... ric

Hi ******* I'm using ATI 5870 with your latest Shader 3.0 mod. Until yesterday it worked fine. But today I'm getting tearing landscapes and in chase view the aircraft is almost gone - only very few parts are present, as propels and canopy. What is going on - do you have any idea??! Regards
SORRY! I had some misconfiguration of my display settings in the FSX.CFG - Everything is OK again! :(

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

and they follow me .... any advise ????
Rick, go see the next doctor.Sorry, couldn't resists. :( Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hi,I wonder how the progress is coming on with the next/latest version of the shader model fix? Any info on this?Thanks

Is there a recommended Water effects setting when using this mod? I have read in a number of places that you should not go above Low 2x due to the performance hit.I am running a i5-750 @ 3.6 GHZ with a ATI 5850.