Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Is there a recommended Water effects setting when using this mod? I have read in a number of places that you should not go above Low 2x due to the performance hit.I am running a i5-750 @ 3.6 GHZ with a ATI 5850.
I personally never use the Shader 1.0 water as I see no improvement in frame rates (I think I actually see less :( ,) so I always run with the water at 2xMid (for high altitude flying) or 2xMax (Normal setting), I also normally run with max cloud density and 60 mile draw distance, and I have a WAY less powerful system than everyone else. I'm using the FSX config tweaks (except the affinity mask and buffer pools.)

Hi,I wonder how the progress is coming on with the next/latest version of the shader model fix? Any info on this?Thanks
I posted a 'BETA' version... here, like 3 or 4 weeks ago. You'll have to search this post. I'll make it official when I have the chance to fly using it. BUt don't worry.. I will release updates/new versions as time permits.

Thanks for the update. I am using the latest version from Avsim. Will search for the beta now.

attached u can see my water over friday harbor - daytime --- water is at 2x low ...... somehow it look pretty boring, or ???thanks ... ric
did you ever manage to fix this , i also have the wave less inland water

*******, I have question/request that is probably highly technical, and likely not possible; I would like to manually set my favorite FSWC settings into your SM3 mod. Is this possible, and if so, how? The desired settings are:Horizontal Refraction Intensity: 50%Vertical Refraction Intensity: 50%Reflection Bend Curve Multiplier: 3Reflection Bend Curve Intensity: 85%Base-Texture Color Intensity: 110%Sun Specular Reflection Intensity: 33%Moon Specular Reflection Intensity: 20%Moon Glow Reflection Intensity: 0%Thank you!

*******, I have question/request that is probably highly technical, and likely not possible; I would like to manually set my favorite FSWC settings into your SM3 mod. Is this possible, and if so, how? The desired settings are:Horizontal Refraction Intensity: 50%Vertical Refraction Intensity: 50%Reflection Bend Curve Multiplier: 3Reflection Bend Curve Intensity: 85%Base-Texture Color Intensity: 110%Sun Specular Reflection Intensity: 33%Moon Specular Reflection Intensity: 20%Moon Glow Reflection Intensity: 0%Thank you!
It is possible to, just you need to add the recompile code
// ------- 3.0 ----------float4 Water30PS(VSWATER20_OUTPUT Input) : COLOR{		return Water20PS(Input,true);}// ------- 2.0 ----------float4 Water20PS(VSWATER20_OUTPUT Input) : COLOR{		return Water20PS(Input,false);}// ------ VS 2.0 ------VSWATER20_OUTPUT Water20VS(VSWATER20_INPUT Input){		return Water20VS(Input,false);}// ------ VS 3.0 ------VSWATER20_OUTPUT Water30VS(VSWATER20_INPUT Input){		return Water20VS(Input,true);}

to the end of the shader file in a text editor. A warning though; graphical errors with the water are inevitable with the SM2 code.

hi ******* , i have fsx SP1 installed , can i use your shader model fix and how ???i have uninstalled sp2 to save frames and dont wanna use it anymore.The link provided by you in this post doesnt work ...please give a alternate link to download the file. Please check my system specs below ..

Guest Zorg_DK
hi ******* , i have fsx SP1 installed , can i use your shader model fix and how ???i have uninstalled sp2 to save frames and dont wanna use it anymore.The link provided by you in this post doesnt work ...please give a alternate link to download the file. Please check my system specs below ..
any news on when FSWC with work with SM 3.0? looking forward getting my old water settings back which were sparkling + FSWC paul's settings.

The download link is not valid anymore? Can you fix that Bojote? I want to try your shader 3.0 mod.Thank you in advance,Pegasus.

The download link is not valid anymore? Can you fix that Bojote? I want to try your shader 3.0 mod.Thank you in advance,Pegasus.
Hi Pegasus, Well.. the latest 'official' supported version is in the Avsim File Library! search for Shader Mod and you should find it. Latest one is v1.5.

I'll give a try. Thank you JesusEDIT: I cannot reach the download database :( anyone can give me a link where I can download the latest version of *******' shader mod ?

I'll give a try. Thank you JesusEDIT: I cannot reach the download database :( anyone can give me a link where I can download the latest version of *******' shader mod ?
The link is in bojote's sig, the end of the red text. "You can download my latest add-ons & mods from the AVSIM Library here" (The underlined text in the quote is just that, underlined. In bojote's sig the underlined is the library link.)

Thanks for al your hard work on this, Bojote. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, yet (think i need a ATI5870 card instead of 3870). Just a question, which values do i have to change to slow the water animation down? As by default i always get the impression of stormy weather because of the speed of the large swell's (at some altitude).Gerrit

Thanks for al your hard work on this, Bojote. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, yet (think i need a ATI5870 card instead of 3870). Just a question, which values do i have to change to slow the water animation down? As by default i always get the impression of stormy weather because of the speed of the large swell's (at some altitude).Gerrit
Gerrit, it can be changed in the waterconstants.xml file in the fsx root directory. send me a private message and I'll send you mine which has the water speed tuned down as well as reflections.