Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

I did not use this mod yet but I am willing to. Could anyone conifrm if there's a performance boost on GTX260 cards?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Where is it??? ErrorLa página que estas tratando de acceder no existe o fue eliminada. Si estas buscando un video en particular trata utilizando el buscador, o simplemente empezando a navegar desde la pagina principal http://www.venetubo.comOtras sugerencias: * Buscar en www.venetubo.com:Cheers,MAB

Where is it??? ErrorLa página que estas tratando de acceder no existe o fue eliminada. Si estas buscando un video en particular trata utilizando el buscador, o simplemente empezando a navegar desde la pagina principal http://www.venetubo.comOtras sugerencias: * Buscar en www.venetubo.com:Cheers,MAB
It's actually in the AVSIM library, search for Shader Mod.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Make sure you added SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1, i had it set but that problem only went away when i set SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=2
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION should be changed (to anything) for the cache to be rebuilt (as per the included instructions), so setting it to a specific value is not a very good recommendation.(ALLOW_SHADER_30 should be set to 1 though)

How do I rebuild my shader cache?
It's in the README.txt file included with the SM3 file and it has been repeated numerous times in this thread (exit fsx, change the value of SHADER_CACHE_VERSION in fsx.cfg and restart fsx).

Calm down, only reason I was aksing is because i did that and my ground textures are still blurry. Its probably something else that I need to look into.

Christopher Edwards

*******,A simple question.....which driver version are you using for your GTX 480 video card?I appologize to the rest of you for deviating from the main topic.Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

It's actually in the AVSIM library, search for Shader Mod.
Thanks Drumcode!Cheers,MAB

With this mod, I'm seeing excellent framerates (locked at 30, when unlocked usually in the 50s-60s but with stutters) at low altitude, together with great gfx (using the performance version of the mod).However, when going above a few thousand feet, frames go down to around 15, and stay there. That is at Water 2, regardless of low, mid, high or max.At Water 1, fps are fluent and high.Is there any setting in the waterconstants.xml or FSX.cfg that can help with this? I'm also using *******' other CFG tweaks, and this is really the only remaining issue to a great-running FSX.Or is there a limiting factor in my system, which - I think - should be good enough for FSX though?Regards,
Any ideas? *******? :)Regards,

Guest TomOOO

First of all - thanks to ******* for all the work on his suggestions and tweaks - the bp = 0has doubled my fps.I have an effect that is similar to 3 other people that posted the current 23 pages ofreplies - my planes are in bits - wheels in the wrong place, propellers in middle and so on.Sometimes they appear as ghost pictures too - but eventually the colour returns - but theyare still in bits.In each case the suggested response was to force a recompile of the shader library, whichI have done using a change of number of the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=<a-different-number> andalso I deleted my <me>/appData/local/Microsoft/FSX/Shaders which means they must be recompiledfirst.I can get my original shaders back by putting back the original files, change the version numberto some other value, and must delete my local compiled version (or the originals do not get overwritten).So my question is : did the other 3 people in these replies solve the problem of their planes being ghosts and in bits - and how did they do this to get a fix since a forcedrecompile of the shaders did not work for me. Could this be a problemof the ATI driversMy computer - as signature - ATI 560v - driver version = 8.713.3.2000My FSX : FSX gold (original SP1/SP2/ Acceleration)*******'s fsx.cfg mod for high end computers (which contained the necessary lines already + bp =0 and also some minor modifications for my computer (yes I have read the documentation)Many thanks in advance of any suggetions.

Make sure you have the following in the [Graphics] section of your FSX.cfg file:ALLOW_SHADER_30=1That may be the problem.

Alexander Alonso

Guest TomOOO
Make sure you have the following in the [Graphics] section of your FSX.cfg file:ALLOW_SHADER_30=1That may be the problem.
Thank you for the suggestion. Here is the relevant lines from the fsx.cfg file, theversion number is just a random number, and you can see I have this set already.ThanksHIGHMEMFIX=1ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1666

Guest 413X3

there is a shader mod specifically for ati users, did you download that one? Try changing shader cache version now, after making any changes always change the number to a new number

??? Shader mod 3.0 is the latest version I know. Can you provide more infos about this "special shader mod for ATI users" please?