Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Guest TomOOO
there is a shader mod specifically for ati users, did you download that one? Try changing shader cache version now, after making any changes always change the number to a new number
I understand that there is only 1 shader that is current and is found in the library with this linkhttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=148399Filename: sm3_current_274662.zipLicense: Freeware, limited distributionAdded: 22nd May 2010Downloads: 7656Author: ******* AltuveSize: 138kb

Thank you for the suggestion. Here is the relevant lines from the fsx.cfg file, theversion number is just a random number, and you can see I have this set already.ThanksHIGHMEMFIX=1ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1666
Hi Tom000, Here is my [Graphics] settings, which does contain a few additional lines (I have them separated by a space so that I could keep track of them when initially adding them.) I'm not sure if it will help but it's definitely worth a try:[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1D3D10=0HIGHMEMFIX=1ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872740 // this can be any number, its used for versioning. 9872430, for example SHADER_PARTIAL_PRECISION=1SHADER_OPTIMIZE=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458433SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500772STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024Also added the following under the [Main] section:FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=1.33Hope it helps!!

Alexander Alonso

Guest TomOOO
Hi Tom000, Here is my [Graphics] settings, which does contain a few additional lines (I have them separated by a space so that I could keep track of them when initially adding them.) I'm not sure if it will help but it's definitely worth a try:Hope it helps!!
Thanks for the suggestions. I went back and reread the link on page 16 (one of thepeople that had the same problem) and decided to deletemy fsx.cfg during the update proceedure (so a new one is generated) and this forced things to compile and work. I thencarefully added back all the *******'s modifications for high end i7 computers and nowhave the new shaders and performance tweak too. I don't know what the magic changes were though.

That's great news!Now that you've got it working right, my only other suggestion for taking this sim to a new level is the EZCA addon (if you don't have it already.)It's the only thing that keeps me from even trying FS9 again. Without it, it's just not flying... ;)

Alexander Alonso

Has the white out w/ zoomed out Top Down mode been resolved yet? I enjoyed Shader 3 but reverted back to default due to this issue.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest TomOOO
Has the white out w/ zoomed out Top Down mode been resolved yet? I enjoyed Shader 3 but reverted back to default due to this issue.Noel
Can you tell me how to check this and I can report back; what is the top-downmode (I clearly have not yet used this).Thanks

Guest rip2good

jesusi downloaded and installed the mod however when i started fsx my aircraft screen showed the start up aircraft with no textures and was deformed so i said to myself maybe i just need to continue so i selected my aircraft cs767 it showed up with its textures but notice two extra door images out in front of the aircraft then i said i check and see if the sim itself had any flaws fsx loaded and displayed a black runway and every operating light (ai and user aircraft was blinking black squares oh and the doors in front were there as welli have an ati card an x850 to be exact with fsx sp2 and help on this matter

A quick quote from the read me. Important info is bolded out in the quote.

INSTALATION===========1) Simply copy the entire contents of this folder to your FSX folder. NO FILES should be overwritten (you should know this if you read the big warning on top)2) Edit your fsx.cfg file and add the following lines to enable Shader 3.0 support: [GRAPHICS] ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872430 The SHADER_CACHE_VERSION above instructs FSX to re-compile the shaders, this number has to be changed if the ShadersHLSL is modified. The 9872430 is just a random number you can use ANY number, just remember to change it everytime you update anything INSIDE your ShadersHLSL folder OR even if you UNINSTALL IT, so the shaders are re-compiled again.3) Start your Flightsim. remember, after each 'shader' compilation, it is normal to experiece short stutters, this only happens once, as objects are compiled inside the sim, you can test this by loading an area just after a shader re-compile and then re-run it again and you'll see stutters dissapear.

Guest rip2good
A quick quote from the read me. Important info is bolded out in the quote.
i did what it saidi have to reinstall flight sim now even though i save the originals the problems still exist

i have an ati card an x850 to be exact with fsx sp2 and help on this matter
Thats your problem right there the X850 did'nt/doesnt have support for the SM3.0 code pathas i recall the highest shader path it can manage was SM2.0B

I tried to uninstall the mod but its not working. When I load FSX the mod is still installed. I back up the original ShadersHLSL & WaterConstants and placed them back into FSX and I deleted the following from the cfg.[GRAPHICS]ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872430So why is is still installed? With the mod I get messed up Aircraft with doors missing and wings and tails in the wrong place. I also get brite light all over some aircraft.My card is the ATI 5970 with the 10.8 drivers. Im running windows 7 64bit.Thanks for any advice

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I believe you need to keep the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION= line, just use a new value instead of 9872430. Come up with something random. (I do it in sequence to keep things simple. 1, 2, 3, etc...)

I did all that and it will not un install :(

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

All I can say is thank you ******* for all of your hard work in bringing the ATI users into the game, with all of the things that really work, I have applied many of your tweaks and the best thing is I have had no problems getting them to work, I am able to fly with frames at unlimted, the lastest shader mod works like a dream, sure there are little things here and there but never did I think that FSX would work at this level because there has always been more miss than hit in identifying the under lying causes, don't get me wrong there have been a lot of people that have put forth a lot of effort to get this sim to perform correctly and so to all who have tried thank you. :(

Guest 413X3
I tried to uninstall the mod but its not working. When I load FSX the mod is still installed. I back up the original ShadersHLSL & WaterConstants and placed them back into FSX and I deleted the following from the cfg.[GRAPHICS]ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872430So why is is still installed? With the mod I get messed up Aircraft with doors missing and wings and tails in the wrong place. I also get brite light all over some aircraft.My card is the ATI 5970 with the 10.8 drivers. Im running windows 7 64bit.Thanks for any advice
After restoring the shader folder I would recommend just trashing your fsx.cfg file completely