Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Basically, in DX9 I can't seem to change the direction of water flow, but I can in DX10 mode. Trouble is I get a lot of jerkiness using TrackIR in DX10 and don't use it.Many thanks, [/size][/color]
Hi Phil,before changing the direction you need to first make sure there is actual 'movement' you'll notice that the default shader mod comes with 'almost' static water and with some modifications to the waterconstant.xml you can make the water flow faster.Make sure you speed up the water flow AND make absolutely sure that EVERYTIME you change the waterconstants.xml you FLUSH the shader cache

*******, Thank you for the amazing work!I have one issue, My water is static now. I have tried everything but it's still static.

Hello ******* i just want to make a short question. Today i have installed the prepar 3d and i have try to run the utility you have post in net " http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html " but after i load the prepar3d.cfg and i have pressed the " click here to begin " button it has opened a web page telling me this file is not a fsx.cfg file. I have renamed to fsx.cfgand rerun the utility again but i am getting the same error. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

Hi Phil,before changing the direction you need to first make sure there is actual 'movement' you'll notice that the default shader mod comes with 'almost' static water and with some modifications to the waterconstant.xml you can make the water flow faster.Make sure you speed up the water flow AND make absolutely sure that EVERYTIME you change the waterconstants.xml you FLUSH the shader cache
Thank you *******!I see the water flow moving OK, it's flowing in the wrong direction, and I do flush the cache everytime, but thanks anyway.

Hello *******,let me first say a huge thank you for all your work on this and the other FSX tweaks! I've just switched to FSX an it has been very helpful!I also just tried your Shader 3.0 mod, but unfortunately, it gives me trouble. I do in fact get (a lot) higher FPS than before, but the water movement effects are extremely fast. After removing the mod everything was back to normal. Is this a known issue? I have an ATI 6970M video card with 1 GByte of memory.Thank you,Martin

Hello *******,let me first say a huge thank you for all your work on this and the other FSX tweaks! I've just switched to FSX an it has been very helpful!I also just tried your Shader 3.0 mod, but unfortunately, it gives me trouble. I do in fact get (a lot) higher FPS than before, but the water movement effects are extremely fast. After removing the mod everything was back to normal. Is this a known issue? I have an ATI 6970M video card with 1 GByte of memory.Thank you,Martin
It works now... I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, now it looks okay and frames are indeed better! Thank you.

Any word on the static water? I do have shore-line waves but the water itself doesn't move at all.I'm on 2.x low + rex 2.0

Guest PFL

Read post #691 and 694Whistle.gif

Read post #691 and 694Whistle.gif
What's that got to do with me? I had moving water before shader model 3.0 and after I do not.

Guest PFL

To do with you?"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink"!You need to read and read, and read again..

To do with you?"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink"!You need to read and read, and read again..
Wth are you on about.I don't have any movement, i haven't change waterconstant.xml, i tried flushing shader cache.Without shader mod my water moves, with it doesn't. The end

Hi everybody,First of all i'd like to thank ******* for all the hard work he did for the simers with all these tweaks :)I have read the posts almost from the first page but could not found an answer for my problem so here it is : i've installed the shader 3.0 mod (version 1.6), all seems to be ok but i can't get rid of an anoying problem :I can see "shimmering" (i'm not sure if it is the good word, i'm not english so pardon my mystakes) in the distance. In fact on the load radius wich is 6.5 for me the textures seems ok but in the horizon where the lod radius stops i can see this strange effect (like blinking or like bad anisotropic don't know how to explain)I have tried to change the lod_bias in -8 in the terrain.fhx, also tried to put theses lines :[TERRAIN]MIN_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21MAX_DETAIL_TEXTURE_LEVEL=21but still this strange effect... i also tried to change settings on ati tray tools like *16 anisotropic and quality but no effect...My graphic card is a radeon 5850 for information.I finished by just remove the mod but if somebody can tell me if i can try some other things i'd be grateful

Thanks for this tool *******! I can definitely feel a performance boost with my ati 5850. However, I'm using REX water textures and originally they looked pretty good, see belowVI5Jq.jpgAfter installing the mod the water now looks pretty bad, like this0XLqo.jpgI'm using High 2x water and I have tried using someone elses waterconstants.xml but the results were still the same. How can I get my water back the way it was?Thanks,

Thanks for this tool *******! I can definitely feel a performance boost with my ati 5850. However, I'm using REX water textures and originally they looked pretty good, see belowVI5Jq.jpgAfter installing the mod the water now looks pretty bad, like this0XLqo.jpgI'm using High 2x water and I have tried using someone elses waterconstants.xml but the results were still the same. How can I get my water back the way it was?Thanks,
I too have this same issue.