Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

I have issues, too, *******: spinners on the canopy, tail feathers sticking out of the cowls: I did a repair and that fixed it until I reinstalled SP2, and the broken textures came back. I reinstalled all the addon aircraft, but only one or two are fixed. I will remove SP2 for the time being.
All issues were resolved :)In fact, thanks to the reports from ATI users, I also upgraded the 'Terrain' AND Global shader to SM3.0 which is great news :) because the shader mod now turns FSX 100% into SM3.0 and not an hybrid 2.0 + 3.0 so stand by... I really need to finish some work BEFORE 7:00PM today... so, just give me a couple of hours and I'll upload it.The hybrid approach worked fine with nVidias, but ATI's didn't like it.

All issues were resolved :)In fact, thanks to the reports from ATI users, I also upgraded the 'Terrain' AND Global shader to SM3.0 which is great news :) because the shader mod now turns FSX 100% into SM3.0 and not an hybrid 2.0 + 3.0 so stand by... I really need to finish some work BEFORE 7:00PM today... so, just give me a couple of hours and I'll upload it.The hybrid approach worked fine with nVidias, but ATI's didn't like it.
same problem here even do I removed the shader folder and set shader ver in cfg the problem still there ,Its all good I'll wait for the nex mod some pics descr. :(

ATTENTION ALL ATI and NVIDIA USERS....New version is out, this one is completely SM3.0 (even the UI shaders are 3.0 now)The changes on the new version include:- Terrain shaders not 'hybrid' 2.0 / 3.0 shaders, now FULLY 3.0- Global Shader (Buildings/Runways) not an hybrid 2.0 / 3.0 now fully SM3.0 as well.- UI Shaders (top menu) are now Shader 3.0 (before they were 2.0)So, with this update, every single shader has been ported to SM3.0. If you downloaded the previous version or received a BETA from me, download this version, this one is the FINAL Shader 3.0 mod. No more BETA's as this will solve all outstanding issues with ATI users.Please, feedback... specially ATI users and performance. nVidias work fairly well with this mod, its the ATI's i'm concerned about. have a happy weekend all.Here's the link:http://www.venetubo.com/SM3_v1.1.zipEnjoy,

ATTENTION ALL ATI and NVIDIA USERS....New version is out, this one is completely SM3.0 (even the UI shaders are 3.0 now)The changes on the new version include:- Terrain shaders not 'hybrid' 2.0 / 3.0 shaders, now FULLY 3.0- Global Shader (Buildings/Runways) not and hybrid 2.0 / 3.0 now fully SM3.0- UI Shaders (top menu) are now Shader 3.0 (before they were 2.0)So, with this update, every single shader has been ported to SM3.0. If you downloaded the previous version or received a BETA from me, download this version, this one is the FINAL Shader 3.0 mod. No more BETA's this will solve all outstanding issues with ATI users.Here's the link:http://www.venetubo.com/SM3_v1.1.zipEnjoy,
Thanks *******. Looking good on my GTX 285.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Excellent, downloaded, and will give this a try. Thank you for all your wonderful efforts you have put into things as of late. It's much appreciated from this end!Cheers,Tim
Tim, much appreciated :) remember to download the latest one... no hybrid anymore, now FULLY SM3.0 (everything, including the UI) do you know if REX effects optimized for SM3.0 will look good here? is this something you are willing to test? let me know ;) looking forward to experiment.

Guest Player2

Hey guys, how about some before and after pics?I think it would be a great help to see what difference there is from SM 2.0 vs SM3.0

Hey guys, how about some before and after pics?
Well.. as I said before, I don't see any ;) again, thats why I also said this is an experimentation mod. BETA testers all said IQ was great, me really, I don't see a difference. the ONLY clear change I do notice is that FSDT short pauses are reduced when approaching the airport, and, at NIGHT water reflections seem better, but... this is a very subjective opinion on my part, because I have not compared screenshots.What I don't know (and thats why I asked Tim) is what would happen if I installed custom water effects optimized for SM3.0... that remains to be seen.

*******, email me at t_fuchs@realenvironmentxtreme.comLooking forward to discussion.
Done... this is getting interesting :)

Guest Player2
Well.. as I said before, I don't see any ;) again, thats why I also said this is an experimentation mod. BETA testers all said IQ was great, me really, I don't see a difference. the ONLY clear change I do notice is that FSDT short pauses are reduced when approaching the airport, and, at NIGHT water reflections seem better, but... this is a very subjective opinion on my part, because I have not compared screenshots.What I don't know (and thats why I asked Tim) is what would happen if I installed custom water effects optimized for SM3.0... that remains to be seen.
Ah Ok think am getting it now.Question then, since SM3.0 incorporates SM2.0, SM1.1, and other previous pixel and vertex instructions sets, then what is this doing? Or, how can it be any different than stock SM2.0 as is if it does not have any new instructions making use of the SM3.0 long instructions like a new Displacement Mapping instruction thrown in, it would seem to be exactly the same?Can you explain what would be new here?

*******,I had a chance to test, and with the Shader 3.0 tweaks, the only difference I've experienced is less stuttering while panning over water and dense cloud conditions, as well as dense airports. Visual-wise, I see no difference. I'm running an nVidia 9800GTX+ 2 sets of shots follow, the top is default, and the bottom with the Shader 3.0 tweaks.So far, with the tweaks there is a much more 'fluid' experience within the scenarios described above, and that alone is well worth it IMO. As I stated though, please email me and we can discuss things further. Thanks again for your hard work. :(

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I had a chance to test, and with the Shader 3.0 tweaks, the only difference I've experienced is less stuttering while panning over water and dense cloud conditions, as well as dense airports. Visual-wise, I see no difference. I'm running an nVidia 9800GTX+
The clouds look 'exactly' the same, however.. I'm I the only one noticing a clear difference in Water??? both look VERY similar, both the one on bottom seems more 'opaque' and less 'white' wave effects could also be the light angle.

The clouds look 'exactly' the same, however.. I'm I the only one noticing a clear difference in Water??? both look VERY similar, both the one on bottom seems more 'opaque' and less 'white' wave effects could also be the light angle.
Hey ******* thanks for the updated shaders but some how I still got texture loading problems I change shader ver in cfg pics any clues [GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672D3D10=0TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1ForceFullScreenVSync=1 ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=3 HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024 [Display]ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI Aircraft DisablePreload=1 FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0 ProcSpeed=8003PerfBucket=7Maximized=2Location=440,190,1480,968,\\.\DISPLAY1HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1ProcSpeed=8169[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1DEFAULT_VIEW=0QUICKTIPS=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_STRETCHING=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=2DownloadWindsAloft=0DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0]Mode=1600x1200x32Anisotropic=1[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2 [DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=1[uSERINTERFACE]PageID=6OpenATCOnCreate=0ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1SelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllSHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMMap_Orientation=2[ATC]ShowATCText=1COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BCOMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1PilotVoice=458752[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=1DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=75GADensity=3FreewayDensity=6ShipsAndFerriesDensity=20LeisureBoatsDensity=25IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=70MESH_RESOLUTION=22TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=5[AContain]ShowLabels=0ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[REALISM]PFactor=0.000000Torque=0.000000GyroEffect=0.000000CrashTolerance=0.000000General=0.000000UnlimitedFuel=TrueAllowEngineDamage=TrueTrueAirspeed=FalseAutoCoord=FalseRealMixture=FalseStressDamage=FalseGEffect=TrueManualLights=TrueGyroDrift=FalseCrashWithDyn=FalseCrashDetection=FalseAutoTrim=False[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[sTARTUP]DEMO=0SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=LoadWindow=1[FACILITIES]COUNTRY=El SalvadorSTATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=1306[Misc]Com_Rate=7[JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14 [FSDREAMTEAM]AntiPopUp=100AltitudeCull=1 [bufferPools]UsePools=0[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}SOUND=0SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0UISound=1AmbientUI=1SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.750000AmbientUIMusic=FSX01[MAPVIEW_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_flight_history=1[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_waypoints=1show_airways=1show_markers=1show_volume_boundaries=1show_ac_twr=1[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1[Display]ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=20WideViewAspect=False[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0VoiceVolume=1.500000

*******,I had a chance to test, and with the Shader 3.0 tweaks, the only difference I've experienced is less stuttering while panning over water and dense cloud conditions, as well as dense airports. Visual-wise, I see no difference. I'm running an nVidia 9800GTX+ 2 sets of shots follow, the top is default, and the bottom with the Shader 3.0 tweaks.So far, with the tweaks there is a much more 'fluid' experience within the scenarios described above, and that alone is well worth it IMO. As I stated though, please email me and we can discuss things further. Thanks again for your hard work. :(
I agree, although even in the above shots I do see a little more detail especially in clouds and terrain. Also I am seeing a significant increase in performance with these shaders on my system. On my home airport KISM (Also my default flight) With the kite I'm seeing a 6fps increase. I was consistently getting 44-45FPS with FRAPS which uses the average frames. With this change I'm now getting 50-51FPS consistantly. That is with 100% UT2 airline traffic. Then I tried the CS757 at KEWR runway 4L which I just flew into this morning with a frame rate of 9-10fps. Now I'm seeing 13-14FPS (Also with 100% UT2 airline traffic) which makes it much smoother, for this very detailed scenery area. Thanks *******! Unfortunately I wasn't able to benefit from your BP UsePools=0 tweak, that so many have benefited from on my system, so this was a welcome performance kick. If Microsoft is making a new Flight Sim at some point, they would do well to hire you!Thanks for all the work you put into this!My system is a E6850 3.0Ghz, 4GB 9800GTX system. My settings are Extremely dense scenery, dense Autogen and 2XLow water.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d