Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

I too have this same issue.
Its the sun reflection power, it can be easily tweaked in the waterconstants.xml file. This is a copy paste from the readme file included with the program:ADVANCED USERS (How to edit WaterConstants.Xml)===============================================There is a shortcut in the Start menu Program folder to the tweaked Shader Mod 3 WaterConstants.Xml file. You can edit this file to change water speed, reflections and other features. The one included with the Shader Mod has already been tweaked, so it doesn't need any changes, but you can change it to your personal preferences. Remeber, EVERYTIME you make a change to this file you'll need to FLUSH the shader cache using the provided link to do so.The WaterConstants.Xml file has 3 sections: LOW, MID and HIGH. LOW affects settings for how the water looks under 1500ft, MID from 1500ft to 10000ft and HIGH for how the water looks above 10000ft. The LOW section is the very first one (it doesn't say LOW anywhere) and remember, you want to change the settings inside the <Shader20> sections. The <Shader40> sections affect only DX10 water. So, you'll see (3) Shader20 sections in the WaterConstants.Xml file. The Shader30 section is IGNORED and should be left blank.Take this example:<fSpecularBoost>1.480</fSpecularBoost><fWaveBumpUVScale>1.000</fWaveBumpUVScale> <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation> The fWaveBumpUVScale is the actual 'height' of the waves. In the above example the LOWER the number, the more 'calm' the sea will look. At HIGHER altitudes, you might want to set this value 'lower' like 0.200. Setting it to 2.000 will give you a more 'active' looking sea.fWaterBumpRotation is set in degrees. 0-360 it determines the direction of the waves above. fSpecularBoost determines the strenght of waterreflections, Lower numbers reduce SUN and MOON reflections on the water. We only recommend you change reflections and leave all the othervalues intact. Valid ranges for reflections (fSpecularBoost) are: 1.440 - 1.540 you can safely play with those to see which value better suits your preferences, have fun and remember, if you UN-INSTALL the Shader Mod, you'll loose any changes you made to this file, un-installingwill restore your original WaterConstants.Xml file.

JesusIn an earlier reply within this thread you said:In fact, wave height and directon can be controlled in the WaterConstants.Xml file.<fWaveBumpUVScale>1.000</fWaveBumpUVScale> <fWaterBumpRotation>45.000</fWaterBumpRotation> The UV scale is the actual 'height' in this case the LOWER the number, the more 'active' the sea will look (due to waves) so at HIGHER altitudes, you might want to set this value 'lower' like 0.200. Setting it to 1.000 will give you a calmer looking sea.However, above, you say:The fWaveBumpUVScale is the actual 'height' of the waves. In the above example the LOWER the number, the more 'calm' the sea will look. At HIGHER altitudes, you might want to set this value 'lower' like 0.200. Setting it to 2.000 will give you a more 'active' looking sea.I am sorry, but I am confused, which is it please - the lower the number the 'more activ'e, or the 'more calm' that the sea will look?On a further issue, can you please distinguish between 'waves' as they appear at the sea-shore, also called 'breakers', and the general direction of 'flow' of the water mass as we see in rivers and also the sea. I have to say that changing the fWaterBumpRotation value does not alter the direction of flow of the water mass in DX9 for me, and yes, I have plenty of speed in the water, flowing against the wind and from East to West, which we don't see on the West Coast here in UK. Does the value 45.000 mean that it should flow FROM the North East, and therefore 225.000 mean that it should flow from the South West?Your default Shader 3 WaterConstants.xml has the water flowing at an absolutely enormous rate, and when flying over it, I feel that I am flying backwards, to the extent that I feel nauseus!Best wishes,

As for my shimmering problem i have done a quick video to show you the problem.Without the mod i have still shimmers but very less noticable, with the mod i found it unplayable.I have tried lot of things (almost all paramaters in ati tray tools) , choosing Anisotropic or trilinear in fsx but no change...here's the link of my video

Many thanks in advance

I really don´t know why I waste my time helping someone who won´t even take the time to read this thread!!http://forum.avsim.net/topic/283701-bojotes-shader-30-mod-for-fsx/page__st__650You need to change the settings in the Waterconstants.xml file.
Pfft, you said "see post #691 and 694"Neither of these posts are on the page you just linked me.I copied wallydog's xml and now all is fine.'thanks'

Hola *******:sorry if i miss the answer to this question: is there already a fix to the foggy world in topdown view??Thanks in advance!!Ignacio :(

Ignacio aka Tanocapo

Hello *******,I am using the fsx.cfg suggested by your tool and it works ... for me ; Thanks In the text made available you say : "We suggest to try setting FPS to unlimted inside FSX, and use an EXTERNAL FPS limiter. You'll experience a massive performance increase. Download the limiter here"But I did save your text but where is the "here" pointing to ?Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hello *******,But I did save your text but where is the "here" pointing to ?
Hi Brad,You can download it here:http://www.venetubo.com/sha3mod.zipJesus (Hey-sus)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hello, Where can I find this "We suggest to try setting FPS to unlimted inside FSX, and use an EXTERNAL FPS limiter"Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

I don't know what rock I've been under for 15 months, but I installed this last night and the results (FPS, smoothness, and visuals) are incredible.Thanks for this great mod.REX OD + GEXSpecs AMD 965 Quad @3.4mhz8gb DDR32X ATI 5770HD 4X AA App managed AF[GRAPHICS]ALLOW_SHADER_30=1D3D10=0TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=0COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=1GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]Mode=1920x1200x32AntiAlias=1Anisotropic=1[Display]BLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=True

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hi BogoteI tried installing shader 3.0 mod in FSX but got this popup dialogue box with the message " There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
That error means that, for some reason you can not run 'vbs' script files in your computer. this can be due either a security restriction, antivirus or some other reason. To test, do this:Create a BLANK file called sample.vbs (make absolutely sure file extensions ARE shown)Now, EDIT the file you just created (it should be empty) and add this line: MsgBox "Hello There!"now save the file and try to execute it. The same error that is preventing you from executing the file is what prevents the installer from completing the installation. So, try to fix the above problem and the intaller will work.
OK, for those of us (read: the undersigned) who are somewhat computer challenged, could you explain this in simpler, layman's terms. As you can tell, I'm getting that same message.

Hello, Where can I find this "We suggest to try setting FPS to unlimted inside FSX, and use an EXTERNAL FPS limiter"Thanks in advance
Here: http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/goodies/FPS_Limiter_0.2.rar...and a little on the subject: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?46148-External-FPS-Limiter:Hug:

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

As for my shimmering problem i have done a quick video to show you the problem.Without the mod i have still shimmers but very less noticable, with the mod i found it unplayable.I have tried lot of things (almost all paramaters in ati tray tools) , choosing Anisotropic or trilinear in fsx but no change...here's the link of my video
Many thanks in advance
Same problem here with ATI HD 5870 and SM 3.0 Version 1.6....any work around? Please..? :(

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:
ASUS PRIME Z370-P i9 9900K 16GB-DDR4 nVidia RTX4070TI Win10 64 1909 PRO1863 USB earphones Artic7 Steel3 and s/pdif opt.7.1 surround Denon amp P3DV5.4/MSFS  ASP/ASCA ProATC/X  AIGAIM-OCI  Multimonitor setup

Alternatively, the exact one that ******* is referring to you'll find here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/322993-alternative-external-fps-limiter/

Phillip Seedorff

Setup:

I think you can sort out shimmering horizontal water and land with Super Sample AA, also Anistropic high settings will help too.

I think you can sort out shimmering horizontal water and land with Super Sample AA, also Anistropic high settings will help too.
Thanks, but nothing to do with that - At least I know it's to do with fine-tuning something in the .xml file or fsx.cfg file...! Any help please..?

Phillip Seedorff

Setup: