Sign in to follow this  
Bob Church

CH Pro Pedals USB and WinXP Home. Are they okay?

Guest DonaldS

Hi:I have CH Pro Pedals and they worked okay on my old computer. The pedals use a game port connector (serial?)Anyway, my new computer; with Windows XP Home, does not use the game port type connector. It uses USB.Fine. That's progress guess.I now have to buy pedals USB, which is also fine. I saw an ad for CH Pro Pedals (USB) for around $90 (I live in a rural area and the closes Best Buy, Circuit City, et al, is about 300 miles.) so I will have to purchase the pedals via the Internet.Is anyone using CH Pro Pedals running Windows XP Home? If so, how are they? Can I run the pedals while using the Microsoft Sidewinder 1? (the one without the ForceFeed) Or, will I have to buy a CH joystick.I don't want to go the yoke wrote because due to physical limitations (no room on my desk/computer hutch to hook a yoke up.Thanks,DonAnybody wanna buy my old Pro Pedals? hahahahahaahahahahhaahhaha

If your sidewinder is a gameport one I don't think you can run that nad USB pedals Don, for your sake I hope I'm wrong.However I'm sure I read something quite a while ago that you cannot mix gameport and USB controllers, hopefully someone more knowledgable will give you a more definative answer, or you may get help herehttp://home.att.net/~stickworks/The CHPro USB pedals do work OK with WinXP, I use them myself along with a USB Saitek X36 combo.Best of luck.

Don,I have had USB CH pedals for three years (the gameport version before that) and been using these with Windows XP since its release. All works flawlessly.Get them and enjoy. I am not certain about using a gameport forcefeedback joystick at the same time but do contact CH - they have ALWAYS been super in their support and help.Patrick:-yellow1

Guest DonaldS

Hi guys:TY for the replies.I guess I wasn't very clear in my question.I have boxed the old CH Pro Pedals (gameport connection) and have sent them to the basement. (That's why I asked the question if anybody wants to buy them.)My poorly stated question should have been posted this way.I have the Microsoft SideWinder 1 (No ForceFeed) and I am speculating about purchasing the CH Pro Pedals USB - will those two work together on Windows XP Home.Thanks again,Don S

Guest Ronson2k

Radio Shack sells a USB - Gameport adapter. $18can so it's probably cheaper there. You may not need to upgrade the peddels just get an adapter. BTW - I use the adapter on my Wingman Digital with no probs.I don't know about the controler issues but I also have just got the CH Yoke. It's a USB and I had both plugged in and working at the same time. Not cross controling mind you but they were both available at the same time. No doubt about it...Ronson2k

I don't really know which SideWinder you've got, but since the problem seems to be you've got no gameport at all, I'm guessing it's USB too. The USB pedals will work fine. The only downside will be that the stick and pedals are going to show up as two separate controllers, but if the stick is USB and your old pedals were gameport, you're already used to that situation. Anyway, it should be fine in FlightSim. The only change will be that the "Reversed" boxes will need to be checked for the toe brakes in the FS Control Assignments.Hope this helps!- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com