Sign in to follow this  
Guest ollieplimsoles

Transparent Addons

Guest ollieplimsoles

Lately many of my addon aircraft e.g. Perfect Flight B717 as an example, are starting to lose solidity ie they are almost see-through! This is both the case in the preview screen and in flight. Any suggestions on how to remedy this gratefully accepted.System as follows: Acer Aspire M3641 Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q6600 @2.4Ghz with 4Gb RAM. Sapphire Radeon HD4670 512Mb GDDR3. Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit. FSX Acceleration with SP2 installed. The only modification I have made is to install an uprated power supply some 6 months ago. I also feel that my setup is not running as well as it did in the past. The ground detail is much poorer. Any comments on the best FSX settings for my system would also be appreciated.Thanks,Mark S.

I had the same issue with my CS 757 a few months ago. PMDG and LevelD amongst other add-on birds were fine.I ended up having to delete and re-install SP2. Apparently my SP2 got corrupted. It solved the issue for me.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

...FSX Acceleration with SP2 installed...
Mark, I wonder...is this accurate?I may be wrong but I understand you can have either or but not both.It

Guest 413X3

don't use DX10 preview mode, and don't use Perfect Flight!!

Make sure you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your fsx.cfg [GRAPHICS] section. File is located at Users\(Your User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ollieplimsoles

Thank you for your replys guys. I'm away this weekend but I shall put all your advice into operation when I get back and update you on the outcomes.Regards,Mark S.