Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

scenery issue

OK, I reinstalled the default trees with no luck. So it seems that I am missing some other "tree" file.
Another thing to check is that you do not have an earlier version of the tree library installed.I believe the earlier versions were named Agen_XTrees_lib9.BGL and Agen_XTrees_lib9_1.BGLDo a search to be sure neither of those are present anywhere on your system.Only Agen_XTrees_lib9_2.BGL should be present an in an active subfolder (Generic/scenery)That is all I can think of at the moment.

Also, play around with the order you have the scenery placed -- like try putting the scenery at the very top of your priority list (No. 1) and see if that helps.And I love to be "thanked" -- just didn't think I did anything in this case . . . :(

Those trees are using textures named Alberi*.bmp.Do a search for those filenames in your FS setup. Start in MHTG_v2\Texture. I believe there are 5 variations of this texture, seasonal and a lightmap.If you put a copy of them in FS9\Texture your problem should be resolved.BTW I tested this addon with and without Agen_XTrees_lib9_2.BGL in an active scenery folder and could not see a difference. Maybe I did not look close enough.Hope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

And the gold medal goes to Joe!! I copied and pasted those mentioned files into the texture folder, and voila!! All fixed!Thankyou everybody for your suggestions and help!MattMHTGfixed.jpg

Way to go, Joe !!Since I was unable to duplicate the OP's issue, it never crossed my mind to try something like that.Well done. :( :( :(

I could not find MHTG v2 .. I download the V.1 and I have this problem:MHTG-scenery-Prob.jpgDoes v2 correct the aluminum looking buildings?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I could not find MHTG v2 .. I download the V.1 and I have this problem:MHTG-scenery-Prob.jpgDoes v2 correct the aluminum looking buildings?
You can get V2 from Flightsim.com:FS2004 Scenery--Toncontin Airport[ Download | View ] Name: flytegv2.zip Size: 33,442,774 Date: 11-01-2006 Downloads: 4,749 flytegv2.gif FS2004 Scenery--Toncontin Airport, Tegucigalpa, Honduras (MHTG), v2.0. Includes both the new and old terminals. By Henry Carcamo. (Previous version had 897 downloads.) (See also MHTGV2UP.ZIP)Hope that helps.

Opa,Thank you for providing the links to the MHTGv2 and its Update file.The Installation readme is not correct .. it mentions ZIP files which are not in this new installation setup.There are no instructions on how to install this MHTG scenery/afcad!The MHTGv2 now has a Microsoft exe installer.Which means you have to leave the installed files were they are initially installed to in case you later want to use MS uninstaller to remove them ..unlike a ZIP file, which can be unzipped to any folder and no worries about uninstalling later.Did you use this exe installer also or did you use "zipped" files .. possible from an earlier release?Anyway, I moved the basic Scenery and Texture folder to where I have all my FS9.1 addon scenery.But, I noticed the main scenery folder has a "Generic" scenery folder inside it ..So, I did not "activate" the new scenery area until I find out about this.Is this correct "as is" or is this Generic Folder and its one file supposed to be move somewhere else?Genericsceneryfolder.jpg

Best Regards,

I started reading the posts again ... and I found your post:"Look in the scenery subfolder of the MHTG_v2 entry and see if you find a folder named Generic. If so, you will find the file in question in a subfolder there and can move it where it belongs."I will try it now...

Best Regards,

Still have a problem:Is there supposed to be an AFCAD with this?Originally I had Ver .1 .. but I removed it.Sure hope I did not do the wrong thing ??MHTG-problem.jpg

Best Regards,

I took 2 screenshots of what I see on runway and top down view.Is this correct?MHTG-views.jpg

Best Regards,

I simply directed the auto-installer to a temporary folder and then manually moved items where they should go.The "trees" file was one I already had installed in my Scenery/Generic/scenery subfolder so I did not replace it.Otherwise, it was a straighforward installation as best I remember.

Opa,Thanks for the reply.I also did what you did as you did. I never put any files inside my default MSFS Addon scenery folder(s).Except I loaded the all the files and the Update.I cannot figure out how I can be inside a building when at a Gate (G1 I think)?In your first post in this topic you mentioned:"I just download the scenery (and the afcad and the optional update) to check it out."So, I never seen an AFCAD in the v2.I used the Afcad program to check MHTG and it shows I have a stock airport.Is that correct?

Best Regards,