Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

scenery issue

Opa,Thanks for the reply.I also did what you did as you did. I never put any files inside my default MSFS Addon scenery folder(s).Except I loaded the all the files and the Update.I cannot figure out how I can be inside a building when at a Gate (G1 I think)?In your first post in this topic you mentioned:"I just download the scenery (and the afcad and the optional update) to check it out."So, I never seen an AFCAD in the v2.I used the Afcad program to check MHTG and it shows I have a stock airport.Is that correct?
The Afcad I used is in a separate file from Flightsim - mhtgv2af.zip

Opa,Originally I downloaded this (see screeshot) MHTG version .1 done by Hudson from AVSIM.It came with an AFCAD.But it had problems with missing trees, like I originally posted (screenshot - prior post above).Should I have kept this scenery installed (with its AFCAD) and installed version 2 from FlightSim(dot)com on top of it?Or, is version 2 complete except it is missing an AFCAD (not mentioned in the installation file) which must be downloaded seperately / your information /(mhtgv2af.zip).?Very confusing, this one is! I looks like Hudson did the AFCAD and HENRY CARCAMO did the scenery?Some pieces started out at AVSIM then v2 went to FlightsimDOTcom in two pieces?MHTG-Hudson.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Opa,I did as you recommended.Installed the MHTGv2 AFCAD, scenery and update from FlightsimdotCom with Scenery/generic relocated and all looks real good.Gate G1 etc. are now outsise the hangers!Thanks for the help sorting this mess out.Very much appreciated.Gate1correct.jpg

Best Regards,

For others who want to try this great approach.MHTG information here:<<<<<http://www.simtours.net/tegucigalpa.php>>>>>MHTG-info.jpgCentral America Terrain Mesh by fsgenesis is very good for approach at MHTG!<<<<http://portal.fsgenesis.net/index.php?name=Downloads&req=viewsdownload&sid=1>>>>>CentAmerTerrainMesh.jpgIt is real easy to be too high and too fast.It will take many approaches in a prop before I try this in a jet!MHTG-appr.jpg

Best Regards,

Note:I noticed just now that the author of AFCADv2 did not include VASI and runway lights.The original AFCAD did have them.

Best Regards,

Good runway, taxi and VASI lights with Stock scenery/AFCAD.Goodlights.jpgBad with the MHTGv2 scenery and AFCAD.Badlights.jpg

Best Regards,

Anybody know if it is possible to get a VASI put back on this runway?

Best Regards,

Anybody know if it is possible to get a VASI put back on this runway?
If you are referring to the Afcad found in the package named mhtgv2af.zip by Henry Carcamo, they can be added using the free utility by Lee Swordy named AFCAD.Very simple to do.

Opa,Yes,I just tried using Lee Sordies AFCAD program and saved the afcad.So, I am not sure what mistake I made but no VASI on approach to runway.It is really needed.I tested using another airport .. KSNA .. It only had a VASI on one side .. so I added a VASI to the other side and it worked OK.But, for MHTG the scenery is not allowing it for some reason!I will do all again ..possibly the "save" saved to an Unwanted "path" folder!I will check it out now.

Best Regards,

Opa,The edited AFCAD did go to the correct folder.This is what I added and what MHTG looks like:Also, after the edit when I start MSFS it does it little "scenery" loading routine so I know it see I changed the file.PAPI.jpgRWY.jpg

Best Regards,

I took a closer look at the scenery and the afcad - it appears you will not be able to add any lighting (VASI or otherwise) via AFCAD.The runway and taxiways etc. are not being generated by the afcad - they are instead a part of the "scenery".The only thing the afcad is doing is providing an unseen path (taxiway) to parking spaces for aircraft to use. It is not generating what you are seeing - as would be the usual case in other airprot enhancements.I expect only the author could add Vasi lighting using whatever design program he used to create the enhancement originally.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Opa,Thanks a lot for finding out what the problem is.I appreciate the time you spent on this.That explains why the taxi lights and taxi signs are missing also.So, I will uninstall this scenery/AFCAD today.I really like the normal airport taxi lights, runway end strobes and VASI for landing.I could just use the Centeral America "mesh" with the default MSFS9.1 MHTG AFCAD for now.Maybe I will search around for a payware that has these features.

Best Regards,

Uninstalling is your choice of course, but for me I certainly would not do that just because the airport has no VASI lights.Have you checked to see if the real world airport has them? Just curious.

Opa,Your help and feedback is appreciated.I forgot to ask you:How did you discover the answer to why the AFCAD VASI (addition) did not work in the MHTGv2 scenery?My first guess would be .. an in depth knowledge of scenery design?MHTG is kinda like "area 51" with no lights, especially at night.No, I do not know about how the real airport looks but cannot imagine a difficult approach like that without some form of visual vertical guidance for the pilot. Same for nighttime ops .. maybe nightOPs are NA but I would train on them anyway. And to taxi at night without any airport lights ...?? slow and tough for sure.The final approach reminds me of carrier OPs / meat ball visuals. That approach is bad .. on a good day!In my case, I would have been happy to add the (VASI) in myself but as you said, not possible with MHTGv2 scenery.I train all new airport approaches/departures in the DreamFleet Baron for a week or so then on to turbo props and finally 737/757 types. Just got used to always having some form of vertical guidance on finals.

Best Regards,

Opa,I now have newer (2008) approach charts for MHTG and the profile area shows both REIL and PAPI-R on RWY02 and RWY20.I do not know about taxiway lighting and signs.papi1.jpg

Best Regards,