Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

777 FDE UPDATE

domain-b_boeing777.jpgCaptains, I got success with taming the 777 and make it more enjoyable.You can find the files here on my site:http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan/index.ph...16&Itemid=1Now, note that I use a two monitors side by side, and thus had the need to make a new panel for myself. This mentI didnt need the VC anymore, so I went to a POSKY model. Thats why there is some work to do if you use the PSS visualmodel. You need to copy over the relevant sections. See the readme, and BACKUP!!Please let me know your results.

I've been waiting for this! Will test later today.Thanks, Johan!! Jim Harnes

thanks a lot-would it be relatively easy to adapt this to the 300ER as well?thanks for your efforts

The new FDE is working very well. Only thing I saw was a pretty good S-turn when intercepting the loc during an autoland test. Speed was 180 and the angle was a little under 30 degrees.Still have the PSS FMS late descent "feature". Probably impossible to correct at this point.Jim Harnes

The new FDE is working very well. Only thing I saw was a pretty good S-turn when intercepting the loc during an autoland test. Speed was 180 and the angle was a little under 30 degrees.Still have the PSS FMS late descent "feature". Probably impossible to correct at this point.Jim Harnes
You mean a VNAV problem ? cant do anything about that..

Yes, it's a VNAV "feature". The VNAV TOD is usually miles too late, but it's easy to descend early.Again, thanks for this mod, Johan. You have not lost your "touch" with flight dynamics!Jim Harnes

Yes, it's a VNAV "feature". The VNAV TOD is usually miles too late, but it's easy to descend early.Again, thanks for this mod, Johan. You have not lost your "touch" with flight dynamics!Jim Harnes
Nothing I can do..btw, the .dat file is nothing more then a textfile you can play with yourself. Maybe someone can tune it even further.Just open with notepad.

So if i use your aircraft.cfg will it work with a POSKY 777-200? Ie a merge? Will the fuel consumption and ILS be accurate for the merge? I have seen your aircraft.cfg and it looks like it's a merge-is it?Anyone tested with the POSKY-PSS merge?If i copy the relevant sections from your aircraft.cfg into my merge aircraft.cfg and your AP_control_coeffs (into relevant place) and .air file (to POSKY merge folder) will the merge work almost perfectly? I just need the ILS and fuel consumption to be right that's all.Cheers

I tested the package. I used a POSKY 777-200ER model (COA). On ILS it sways left and right and left and right. Is this occuring with others too?

JohanMany thanks for the update it works beautifully with my cargo versions. Now stop being a tease and tell us where we can get a full widescreen panel like the one above. :-)ThanksJoaquin

Guest christophklermann
JohanMany thanks for the update it works beautifully with my cargo versions. Now stop being a tease and tell us where we can get a full widescreen panel like the one above. :-)ThanksJoaquin
+1

Johan's site is down - has been for a while now.However, he does frequent this forum - so maybe he will respond. Trevor

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.