Sign in to follow this  
Freefly

Air Start and Cabin Lights...

Just want to know the correct procedure for an Air Start with the JS4100.and cant find the switch for the cabin lights, does the JS41 have cabinlights?thanks,Sergio Milano

The cabin lights switch is over your right shoulder on a panel behind the FO.

You just stick the condition levers in flight, the power lever to idle and hit the START button on the overhead. In the PMDG you need to run the unfeather pump too, in reality this action is automated. IF APR is armed then relight ingwill be attempted automatically until a set RPM value is reached (I forget what) where upon the autofeather will operate, it is important to note if APR is not active you are required to manually feather the props, otherwise they will NTS cyclically. Chris 廖傑英EDIT: I found the following over at airliners.net, from a chap called 2H4. This is a manual relight procedure, usually you'd let the IEC handle much of this.

Manual In-Flight StartTHE BEST CONDITIONS FOR A RELIGHT ARE BETWEEN 110 TO 200 KT IAS AND LOWER THAN 20,000 FT. RELIGHTS MAY BE ATTEMPTED OUTSIDE THIS ENVELOPE.-EGT - LESS THAN 200*C-POWER LEVER - FLIGHT IDLE-CONDITION LEVER - FLIGHT-FLOW SELECTOR - OFF-FUEL AND HYD LP VALVE SWITCHES - OPENCONFIRM CORRECT INDICATIONS-STBY PUMP SWITCH - ON-IGNITION SWITCH - NORMAL-GEN SWITCH - OFF-IEC COMPUTER SWITCH - OFF-MANUAL START SWITCH - ENERGIZE-START SWITCH - PRESSIF PROPELLER DOES NOT START TO ROTATE:-UNFEATHER SWITCH - OPERATEUNTIL PROPELLER ROTATION STARTSAT 10% RPM:-MANUAL START SWITCH - IGNITE-FUEL ENRICH SWITCH - AS REQUIREDIF PROPELLER WAS ALREADY ROTATING UNDER NTS:-FUEL ENRICH SWITCH - PRESS ONAT 55% RPM:-MANUAL START SWITCH - 60%[sTART] INDICATOR LIGHT OFFIF ENGINE ACCELERATES NORMALLY TO FLIGHT RANGE RPM:-MANUAL START SWITCH - NORMAL-IEC COMPUTER SWITCH - AS REQUIRED-TTL COMPUTER SWITCH - AS REQUIRED-GEN VOLTS - CHECK 27.5 TO 29.0 V-GEN SWITCH - ON-FLOW SELECTOR - AS REQUIRED-ENG/ELEV ICE PROTECTION SWITCH - AS REQUIRED-PROPELLER ICE PROTECTION SWITCH - AS REQUIRED-STBY PUMP SWITCH - OFFWHEN OIL TEMPERATURE EXCEEDS 55*C:-POWER LEVER - AS REQUIRED-CONDITION LEVER - AS REQUIRED-PROP SYNCRO SWITCH - AS REQUIREDIF ENGINE DOES NOT ACCELERATE NORMALLY TO FLIGHT RANGE RPM:-CONDITION LEVER - FEATHER SHUT OFF-STBY PUMP SWITCH - OFFNOTE: WAIT 1 MINUTE BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANOTHER START

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Cabin Lights are a flop. very little illumination.This needs to be fixed.zach

Guest BlueRidgeDx

You forgot to say "please", Timmy.