Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

Problem with FFX MD80 in FS9?

Hi,I get this weird graphic problem with FFX MD80 in FS9 (picture below). No matter which livery, the same line apperes,..but only on the left side of the fuselage. :-hmmmThere is nothing wrong with the BMP

Staffan

Staffan,I haven't noticed that problem with the MD-80, but I haven't been looking for it. I HAVE noticed with most FFX planes (at least the 737s) that the antenna atop the fuselage blinks on and off in phase with the lights, but only if the plane is being viewed above the horizon line. Also I can look right through the engines from the rear in certain situations, and there is a bit of on-off flickering of the blades at the back of the DC-10 engines. None of this is major stuff, and I'm just glad to have the FFX planes available in FS2004. I will take a closer look at the Alitalia MD-80 next time I'm flying.John

Hi John,Thanks for taking your time.However, it is not just the Alitalia livery.Even on the original Spirit livery from FFX aswell as many others, the line shows!? :-hmmm EXCEPT on the SAS livery by Asbjorn Hansen?????!!!!!...go figure. ;-)Anyway, I am almost certain that it is a MDL error in some way. Fortunately, FFX have earlier stated that they will redo the MD80 model, with a "screwdriver" tail end, and a more accurate vertical tail. :-) So I only hope the update will come rather sooner than later. :-lolhttp://scandicair.com/images/SA_Banner4b.jpg

Staffan

Guest drobson

John,Have you tried their 727s in FS2004? They look great, however, once I take-off and retract the gear, the party is over! The gear will not function after the initial retraction. It's kind of hard on the aircraft making a belly landing! I've tried many times, and it's a one time deal. Don't know what might be causing this. Anyone else experience this?The 737s look and work great! I don't experience the visual problem with the engines as the others have shown.MD80s seem to be OK, as well. Sure wish I could get the 727s gear to function, though.Darrell

Darrell,You had me scared there for a moment. But I just tried my FFX 727s and the gear cycles fine (and repeatedly). I'm using the G key on the keyboard and I'm in spot view mode.John

Guest drobson

Strange! It just has me baffled as to why it won't work on my system. If I switch from the 727 to any other aircraft, the gear function.Guess it's time to dig a little deeper, and see what I can come up with. I can't think of any reason that it shouldn't work just fine.Thanks for your response. At least I know it's something with my system.Darrell