Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Non-Start for MSFS9.

Ok now this is true torture for me. I buy the game install my new hardrive which gives me a fit with its desire to reformat my computer to fat32. Then I get MSFS9 running. Its great. I love it. I install some old planes that are GMAX. Then out of the blue I click on the MSFS icon and no start. It just shows that first halfscreen initiation screen and never leaves it. Sits there hourglassing forever if I let it. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling. Everything. Nothing is working I am desperate. I had rjust finished the my first round of discorvery in it and now it is torturing me just dangling itself in my mind but stays away.2.0 P4 WillametteGeForce 3 (Driver Version 4.4.0.3)Santa Cruz Turtle Beach????????? what else is needed? Can I be helped or am I hanging out to dry?

Guest Ken_Salter

Sounds like to me that maybe an add on is casuing a problem. I would back out, delete (or move) EVERYTHING, reinstall then try it out before putting in any add ons.Hope this helps...http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"I am the keeper of the cheese; you are the lemon merchant"

Ok copied all files to a new folder called fs9.1 then uninstalled. Then I deleted all addons from FS9 directory and installed. I guess Ill try again on a new day. I'm desperate with nothing to do.

Tried another fresh install making sure to delete every trace. Just for kicks I tried installing it on the C drive and still a no go.

Guest Philip Olson

I hope this is not a dumb question but did you delete every folder left over by the un-install? It is easy to overlook a gauge or module or something that one plane might use and that could be the problem as the un-install will not remove anything that was installed after the initial install. Just throwing out an idea, hopefully this is the right one.Good Luck!Philip

I had the same troubles a few days ago after adding a few new planes.Make sure you find and delete your FS9 config file. I think there are instructions for finding it in the FAQ on this forum. After FS rebuilt the config file, everything works again for me. Hope thishelps.

I would also recommend first renaming your old fs9.cfg, then restarting so that a fresh fs9.cfg is created. Also your saved flights are stored in your documents and settings folder hierarchy. Kill any default fight you had created.scott s..