Sign in to follow this  
Bray

Help me! - Controller problems

I have the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke with the 3 throttle controls. For the throttles in FS2002, I had the Z axis mapped to the throttle, the X axis mapped to the spoilers, and the Y axis mapped to the mixture. I tried to do the same in FS2004. The throttle and mixture controls work on the Z and Y axis, but the spoiler control never works on any axis I assign it to. On any throttle axis I assign it to, the spoilers extend, but I can't get them to retract. It's almost as if they're "spiking" to extend. I've tried it with the throttle Y axis, and the same thing happens. This only happens with the spoiler axis assignment, because both the mixture and propellor axis work fine on both the throttle X and Y axis.. This is really irritating because everytime I need to descend I've got to use the mouse in Vcockpit view to extend the spoilers a little bit.. I've checked FSUIPC v3.03, and there's nothing that looks promising.. I've tried all I can with Page 6 under the Joystick tab, but to no avail.. And I've checked and xchecked, this only seems to happen on the ground.. And no, auto spoilers isn't armed and isn't even assigned.. Did that make sense? If so, please help me! Tim

I have the same yoke and as far as I know the 3 levers you refer to should be, from left to right, throttle, prop & mixture. And I have mine set that way. In fact that was the default settings when I first connected the yoke, and thats how FS2004 had it set up, and to my mind its the correct setup.I have assigned the spoiler to a button on the left top. I know its not as nice as having a lever because you cant deploy it gradually, but for me I need the other three for controlling engine performance.I know this doesnt help much but just a thought.cheersBill

Well, most of the time I fly the Learjet, and I have "auto-mixture" enabled, because I'm not a real pilot and don't know much about engine performance. To make the most of those three levers I'd like the third from the left (the default mixture lever) to be the spoiler control. I need help with mapping this in FS2004, which I had successfully done in FS2002..Tim

I see what you mean. Try thisSettings/assignments/Joystick axes tabMake sure your yoke is selected from the drop down list.Scroll down to mixture which should have Y axis rotation assigned. Delete the JOYSTICK assignmentScroll down further and select spoilerClick on change assigment and when the window opens move the mixture lever and it should set it.Hope that works for youBill

Right, that IS what I'm doing. The problem is no matter what lever axis the spoiler control is mapped to, it always "spikes" to full extend once it has been extended. I can't bring it back down without having to reset the lever to "retract" and press the / key.Sorry if I was in any way not clear..And I believe defaultly, the mixture lever (third from the left) is the X axis.Tim

My mixture shows as the as the Y "Rotation" not axis.I will take another look and if I find anything new will post back.Bill

wwhoooooops.. Sorry, my bad.. It's X "rotation", yes.. My point was that it's the "X" Rotation and not the "Y" Rotation - a minor difference in our yokes..Anyways, It's any Rotation I map the Spoilers to that doesn't work, whether it's the X or Y, the spoilers spike to extend (not the case back in FS2002).Auto-spoiler Arm is toggled "off", just to rule out all possibilities.. This happens in the air, as well.Tim

A shot in the dark here but worth a try. Take a look in your fs9.cfg file under joystick main and see if you have these settings:AXIS_EVENT_04=AXIS_MIXTURE_SETAXIS_SCALE_04=127There was a time I had a problem with my prop lever and found for some reason the sim had set the scale from 127 to 64 and it made the lever not travel up and down properly. I went in and manually bumped up to 127 to match the others and all was well.Bill

Yes, it's similar.AXIS_EVENT_03=AXIS_SPOILER_SETAXIS_SCALE_03=127When I extend the spoilers to full, it looks fine. Then when I want to retract, I ALMOST get to retract, then it spikes back to full extend. I wish I could take a video of this and post it.. It also only seems to spike to full when I'm not moving the X Rotation. When movement on the lever stops, it spikes to full extend. When I move it, it moves the lever along. But once I let it stop moving, the spoilers go full..Could it be conflicting control assignments? Tim

Well I am all out of ideas. Maybe FS2004 isnt able to do it.If there were conflicting assigments FS would have told you, and if you elected to go ahead it deletes the previous assigment. But you could double check all the axis stuff and see.I would volunteer to try mine but I just got through doing them and had some problems so I really dont want to mess with it right now.Maybe some other person may stop by with an idea.I will check back if I find anythingBill

Guest Salbado

I am having exactly the same problem in FS9 while 2k2 worked flawlessly through teh FSUIPC. My spoiler axis doesn't even show up in FSUIPC or the DS Assignements tab although I know the joystick is working (beautifully in 2k2)...did you ever resolve this. I heard that the sensitivity setting may be defaulted on selection.