Sign in to follow this  

Four questions

1. About the fuel switch: it has no ON function, only left, off and right. When I want to switch tanks I have to pass off: I can't go from left to right or back again at once: is that right...? The red line indicates different (off > left > right, but I got left > off > right).2. When I press the HDG knob on the AP the hdg bug always centers to the current heading. I can't preset a desired heading and then enable HDG-mode: is that right?3. What's this for? The FREE/SLAVE switch works, but does it do anything?2dsmu1e.jpg4. Shouldn't this read 'MUST BE' instead of 'MUSTBE'?oko18g.jpg

Reference 4I made a new win 1 texture that corrected the spelling.Took about 5 minutes in PhotoShop.Is there away to make it available in the forum? Or do I have to upload it to the library?Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Reference 4I made a new win 1 texture that corrected the spelling.Took about 5 minutes in PhotoShop.Is there away to make it available in the forum? Or do I have to upload it to the library?Russ
Suggest you read the Carenado copyright docs first... they are pretty restrictive...

Bert

2. When I press the HDG knob on the AP the hdg bug always centers to the current heading. I can't preset a desired heading and then enable HDG-mode: is that right?
+1,000,000 !!!!Same with the altitude... it's annoying and I find it hard to believe that it would behave like that!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Suggest you read the Carenado copyright docs first... they are pretty restrictive...
I see what you mean. I won't be making it available.Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

I have no problem with editing those files either, but 1. I'd like to know if it's actually wrong or not and 2. I posted this here because not everyone can work with Photoshop, so Carenado knows that they might have to fix this in an upcoming patch for those who can't fix it themselvers (like with the attitude indicator).BTW This IS the officcial Carenado forum, isn't it...? I wonder why Carenado hardly ever reacts to posts. I know us customers can all help each other too, but afaik Carenado didn't repply to a single posts about the Bonanza yet, which I think is rather odd... They DID indirectly reply by fixing things in the patch, but still... a reply here and there would be nice...

+1,000,000 !!!!Same with the altitude... it's annoying and I find it hard to believe that it would behave like that!
You can change it if you edit the AP xml file... but frankly, it is not so bad once you get used to it.There is a concept of "flying the plane the way it is" rather than changing it to what you areused to.. kind of neat!
I see what you mean. I won't be making it available.Russ
Just posted by Carenado:You can upload modified textures, there is no problem with that.What you can

Bert

There is a concept of "flying the plane the way it is" rather than changing it to what you areused to.. kind of neat!
So are you saying this how the real one works? If that's the case fine I just find it odd that it would behave like this.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So are you saying this how the real one works? If that's the case fine I just find it odd that it would behave like this.
There is the deal...I wouldn't know and I flew a deb for 11 years-but I had an stec 50 autopilot.All autopilots are very different.What is modelled here-I have no idea.But it seems to me many are quick to jump to conclusions-for instance the double adf while not useful or familiar in the United States seems to be familair in some parts of South America.Just like jumping in an unfamiliar airplane there is always so much to be learned-and even in a familiar airplane-with a different instructor and different perspective much the same...

If the autopilot would assume the heading bug direction when you push the "HDG hold" button,you would have to set the bug every time you want to hold the current heading, say whennearing a VOR on NAV setting. It is actually desirable to have the HDG button default toholding the current heading, rather than unexpectedly taking you for a turn.

Bert

I disagree - let me set the hdg, then engage the autopilot ;)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Well, this seems to be a Carenado thing.. the Seneca does the same.I do agree that the other planes do not have this behavior.... sosubstituting another AP would seem to be the solution.

Bert

Found the fix:Change the autopilot.xml gauge:AP_PANEL_HEADING_HOLDinstead of AP_HDG_HOLD

Bert

I just checked the Pilots Guides and no, this is not the way the real one works.The Seneca has the same error and can be fixed the same way :(

Bert