Sign in to follow this  

How can I ger rudder auto-coordination in FS 2004 to work?

The correct option box is checked but the rudder still isn't working with ailerons. Is there another checkbox hidden somewhere in Settings? Can't believe it could be a bug since auto coord has been around since the first FS. Help please. Using CH flight yoke makes it VERY difficult to use keyboaed for rudder control.

Guest jase439

It's working for me with the stock aircraft. Possibly a 3rd party aircraft incompatibility?

Guest twsimfan

Go into settings... then realism... it is on the bottom right. Personally I can't imagine anybody wanting it turn on... but each to his own. :)

Look in your FS9.cfg and find this line under REALISM:AutoCoord=TrueIs that in there?If so, I support the theory that it could be an add-on aircraft anomaly in the aircraft.cfg, if you're flying an add-on aircraft at the time.Tim

I have the same problem. I have a 2 axis joystick and the only plane I can taxi with the joystick and autocoordination on is the old R4D from MAAM. In FS2002 all the tail draggers worked with this setup. It's really annoying to me. I hate to use the keyboard for differential braking. I am considering getting a CH 3 axis joystick.

Guest Ronson2k

I have a CH Yoke without the peddels and I too was hoping to find a way to auto-cordinate them together. Okay the check is in the realism settings at the bottom. It took a few trys to get it to work. It's working pretty good right now. One thing though with the auto-cord on you don't see the rudder move when in spot view. I was trying to do that to make sure it was working? I hope to get the peddels some day just not right now.. I'm thinking of making them myself.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

A simple thing you can do (what I did) without having to buy a rudder pedal console is to "cannibalize" a wheel w/ pedals. If you've got one, plug it in along with your CH Yoke or other joystick. Go into the FS2004 Assignments, click the Joystick Axes tab, select the wheel, then delete all axis assignements. Make sure you've gone into Window's Gaming Options and made your pedals one axis (not seperate axes), then go into FS2004 and map the "Rudder Axis" to your pedal axis. Test it first. If it's moving opposite to what it should be, go back into Assignments and check "Reverse" in the Rudder Axis command.It's a rudimentary fix for rudder pedals, but it sure saves the 400 or some dollars it takes to buy rudder pedals..Fool around with the Sensitivities menu to get the best reaction from the pedals..Tim