Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

Cabin Altitude

Hi, i was just doing a very short cargo hop from LFPG to EDDF when i encountered a (to me) unfamiliar problem.I was maybe 50 miles away from T/D and left the computer for a while certain the pause at T/D would make sure i wouldn't descend before i was back. When i came back however FSX wasn't paused and i was still at FL230 although i had selected 11000 in the alt window. The real problem or emergency rather happend later. Because as i had completely bust through any alt and speed restrictions i thought i'd reload the sim (cheating i know :( ) but when i did that the aircraft was overspeeding alot (might be REX loading new weather) and i had 1 level 3 alert "CABIN ALTITUDE" and 2 level 2 alerts: "CABIN RATE" and "AVNCS FAN OVRD" i checked the SD AIR page and found that the cabin altitude was at -2147, DP (dont know what that is) at -5.9 and rate at -980. I checked the QRH pdf and saw that the correct procedure for this kind of problem would be to close the outflow valves (already done by auto) and verify that the avionics fan were at override (checked)My question is this: What would i do after this to resolve this problem, and most importantly: why did this happen? Btw would like to know if somebody had any problems with the Pause at T/D settings aswell.Thanks

Sounds like a silly reload problem, Sometimes I save during a technical approach so I can redo it a few times later and get all sorts of weird setup issues.DP is Differential Pressure (in psi) so you're cabin had 5.9 psi less pressure than the outside which is never seen in real life. As the manual said closing the outflow should have stopped and reversed the issue and you could have manually set the landing altitude so the system would pressurise correctly.I've never used pause at T/D so I can't comment on that.

Sounds like a silly reload problem, Sometimes I save during a technical approach so I can redo it a few times later and get all sorts of weird setup issues.DP is Differential Pressure (in psi) so you're cabin had 5.9 psi less pressure than the outside which is never seen in real life. As the manual said closing the outflow should have stopped and reversed the issue and you could have manually set the landing altitude so the system would pressurise correctly.I've never used pause at T/D so I can't comment on that.
Yeah i figured it was something like that :/ Damn the DP went to 10.7 before landing and just after the Cabin Alt was at 48000 feet :S Can't be healthy for the crew or animals.

I don't use pause at T/D but I did read a thread on this forum several months ago about pause at T/D. The solution was to start with a checked box, uncheck it, then check it again. It seemed to work for those who used that method. Not an elegant solution but it worked.Michael Cubine