Sign in to follow this  
Watcher

SuperATC not issuing any RC4 commands

I tried getting support on the SuperATC forum and had to give up as no response was forthcoming. Thought that I woud see whether any one here could help. I installed SuperATC and find that it seems to understand what I say but nothing happens when I say anything that should cause it to issue commands to RC. Yet if I say anything that is only operable in IYP it quickly comes back to tell me that the particular command is only available in IYP. Has anyone else had the same experience and found an answer to what might be wrong?

I tried getting support on the SuperATC forum and had to give up as no response was forthcoming. Thought that I woud see whether any one here could help. I installed SuperATC and find that it seems to understand what I say but nothing happens when I say anything that should cause it to issue commands to RC. Yet if I say anything that is only operable in IYP it quickly comes back to tell me that the particular command is only available in IYP. Has anyone else had the same experience and found an answer to what might be wrong?
All i can say, is that there is an alternative for voice interaction with Radar Contact. I mean a more natural interaction, using real world ATC phraseology.A free demo is available at this site: http://www.multicrewxp.comGerald R.

what would be an example of what you would say?jd

what would be an example of what you would say?jd
Hi jdLet's assume you are at the ramp at JFK, and been granted clearance to taxi to runway 04L, and you'd like to use runway 22R for departure.From the main menu, you could just sayGround United 841 requesting runway 22R for departureGround United 861 would appreciate runway 22R for takeoff.The next thing you should hear is clearance to the new runway.You just have to make sure the runway requested does exist at that airport.Same applies for requesting level change.Let's say you've been cleared to flight level 290, and you want further climb to flight level 330Center United 841 requesting flight level 330.Of course, it's up to the controller to grant or deny the request, but you should get a reply.There is a manual called "interfacing with RC4.pdf" and it explains everything.And by the way, the demo is fully functional, and will run for free, for up to 7 days.

Hi jdLet's assume you are at the ramp at JFK, and been granted clearance to taxi to runway 04L, and you'd like to use runway 22R for departure.From the main menu, you could just sayGround United 841 requesting runway 22R for departureGround United 861 would appreciate runway 22R for takeoff.The next thing you should hear is clearance to the new runway.You just have to make sure the runway requested does exist at that airport.Same applies for requesting level change.Let's say you've been cleared to flight level 290, and you want further climb to flight level 330Center United 841 requesting flight level 330.Of course, it's up to the controller to grant or deny the request, but you should get a reply.There is a manual called "interfacing with RC4.pdf" and it explains everything.And by the way, the demo is fully functional, and will run for free, for up to 7 days.
i was actually asking the original poster what he was saying, that wasn't being responded to.thanks for the infojd

super ATC is not designed for RC4. I am guessing that if you use key commands with SATC then it will work for you..i.e. Use "press control alt 7"(or whatever keys are needed). IYP has extra options, one of them is RC4 and it works great. I have been using IYP with RC4 for several months and would't think of giving up either one. Both are well worth the cost, along with registered version of FSUIP.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I think it boils down to whether you want to interact with ATC yourself or get the Radar Contact co-pilot to handle that.To my knowledge, proper ATC phraseology for requesting clearance is something like"Clearance Delivery, United 547 with information Delta, ready to copy ATC clearance"And not something like

All i can say, is that there is an alternative for voice interaction with Radar Contact. I mean a more natural interaction, using real world ATC phraseology.A free demo is available at this site:http://www.multicrewxp.comGerald R.
<edit from mod> Gerald-it is apparent that you go into different forums pushing your product.Not only is commercial advertising not permitted on avsim, but it is tactless to do so on competitors forums.This is the first and last warning-do it again and you will be banned.

JD:I tracked the problem down to not having set the Ctrl-Shift commands in RC4. I have been working with the IYP people on various issues and have since purchased a copy of the full IYP. Not yet sure that my system is quite adequate for it though. Just need time to work with it more.