Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanWalloch

FS2004 hangs up/freezes

Guest DanWalloch

I'll be flying along, minding my own buisness and then out of nowhere FS2004 freezes, the sound gets all glitchy. Ctrl+Atl+Del doesn't work, I have to turn my pc off. Help is despriatly needed.P4 2.4Ghzkingston 512MB DDR PC2700Radeon 9500Pro 8x agp Cat. 3.6WinXP Pro: every updateDX 9b120GB ultra ata 133 Maxtor HDCTX 19" crt monitoraudigy gamer (latest drivers) (I haven't heard any other radeon users complaining about the game just freezing) HELP!I had the new fsupic (not registerd) in the modules folder.

Guest CargoMun

I'm having a bit of that as well. Sound really stuttering both ATC and engine sound (especially with clouds around) and then a freeze. Im running a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 though :(

Hi Cargo, you have told me before 45.20 works pretty good on my rig, are you still sure ? :)Try the 30.82 WHQL, I get no single black screen problems with any 2x AA enabled. For stability use WHQL, like 30.82 or 44.03And I never had a black panel since I have fs2004 anyway.http://users.forthnet.gr/ath/ichalos/Drivers/Detonator.htmif too much busy go herehttp://www.ausgamers.com/files/browsegame/html/10/150ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest daveg4otu

Could this be a heat related problem.I had very similar troubles a while ago when I first started using FS2k2- the relatively heavy load on the system was pushing CPU and system temps up and causing exactly what you describe-Additional cooling fixed it.My system is AMD Athlon 2000xp/K7S5A/512 mbDDRAM/Geforce Ti4200.Rather different I know,but it may be worth looking into.If you have previously been OK with 2002,and this now appears- it could be that the extra drain on resources is causing this.It may be worthwhile monitoring your temps to see what is happening.Dave

Guest DanWalloch

I've been looking to add the Thermaltake Spark 7 for sometime now, mostly because I'd like to O/C my 2.4ghz to 2.6 or .7. Otherwise I've got 5 fans: 1 on 500W PSU (well kinda 2, my PSU's fans are inline 1 front and 1 back of psu creates great cooling.) and then 2 case fans on the front and 2 on the back. So I've got 3 fans in back and 2 in front.I didn't not have any probs with FS2002 so thats why I'm stumpt. I'm also looking at adding another 256MB of PC2700.

Guest CargoMun

>Hi Cargo,>you have told me before 45.20 works pretty good on my>rig, are you still sure ? :)>>Try the 30.82 WHQL, I get no single black screen problems with>any 2x AA enabled. For stability use WHQL, like 30.82 or>44.03Well the thing is, its not constant and the drivers really does make the game look good. I've been going through alot of the 4x.xx drivers and Im not sure about using an older one like 30-series - it might lack in functions I though. The sound stutters I also got in 43.45, 44.03 WHQL, 44.04, 44.67 (2 different mods) and now 45.20..Im going to try out the 44.04's from Creative (the cardmaker) now as a last resort.

Guest DanWalloch

I just found others posting on this same problem over at flightsim.com. I can't be the only one here at avsim can I?? Theres gotta be a way to solve this cause both radeon and nvidia users have this prob.