Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hondabuff

Ezdok setup.

Guest Hondabuff

Anyone want to share there EZDOK settings. Played around with it and it almost gives me a headache with my TrackIR. Followed the setup on youtube. I either like using EZDOK alone or TrackIR by itself but not combined. Any thoughts.

Anyone want to share there EZDOK settings. Played around with it and it almost gives me a headache with my TrackIR. Followed the setup on youtube. I either like using EZDOK alone or TrackIR by itself but not combined. Any thoughts.
Don't try to create your own shakes: When you run the config it creates (I think) a default setup for each of the default aircraft. I didn't even setup the "walls". If you have say - the Carenado 172, you simply load the default 172, export its' setting to any folder - say the EZCA folder (create a folder for exports), save it in there, then change aircraft to the Carenado aircraft, and then import those saved settings. You then have a base to play with, if you want to.. I also found that the stock settings only use two or maybe three of those functions that are inside each generator. There's a bit of an issue with the pause button, I think - sometimes it's reversed, depending upon whether one has TIR paused or unpaused as EZCA gets launched.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Hondabuff

The setting it made for my Carenado archer II is like trying to fly while racing a baja truck. I was almost laughing while I was rolling down the runway at KAST. 2 flat tires and one square one :( .

Thats a good idea. Ill have to try this. Im not liking the settings I created for myself either. But I have to say, this is the most amazing thing I ever got for FSX.Rob

Thats a good idea. Ill have to try this. Im not liking the settings I created for myself either. But I have to say, this is the most amazing thing I ever got for FSX.Rob
I agree.. although I haven't played with the settings much yet. I tried an MD-11F flight last night, and while the takeoff and landing head movements were ok, the climb/cruise/descent were like roller coaster rides. At first I thought I was experiencing turbulence (realtime weather was loaded), but I killed all winds and I was still jumpy in the cockpit. I couldn't even change the Heading and Altitude dials because of all the movement. I ended up disabling ezdok until on final, where the movements seemed more realistic.

Yeah, it's tough to set up, for sure. I didn't disable it, but I did pause and minimise FSX to a ~20cm x ~20cm square, then bring up the EZCA thingy, rt-click on RND and just turn down the master setting - I think it's the same with DHM, too: (but I'm at work so can't check). Since discovering the export/import I haven't tried to create my own again - just preferring to sit back and enjoy the settings I've got. There's going to be a long learning curve to this, with a lot of flying in the Cessna!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have to say, this is the addon that finally taught me to love TrackIR and the virtual cockpit. The ability to setup cameras for different parts of the panels (with or without effects) and switch between them using keyboard shortcuts (or joystick buttons) means that there is no advantage to the 2D panels any longer. That alone is worth the cost of the addon to me.I've found that the best way to start setting up cameras for an addon is to load a default aircraft of roughly the same size and type, export the cameras (or some of them), then import them to the addon. This gives a good starting point for tweaking the various effects.The number of different options that can be tweaked is daunting. So far I've limited my experimenting to turning on and off each effect type (random, dynamic head movement, and camera resonance) and adjusting the overall strength of each effect by right-clicking the red effect button and adjusting either "global gain", "main level", or "level" (depending on which screen is open). This has so far been enough to give quite believable effects.