Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

New FS9 737 NG on its way

Obviously part of the so-called DU optical test. So no Photoshop or covering.
Thanks Steve, although I wasn't obvious to me. Had it been, I wouldn't have asked.I don't know what a DU optical test is. Googled it and saw lots of results for optical test, but not DU.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

DU=display unit. Sorry about "obvious" - I should have used "apparently", that's what I meant... :(

Let's just wait and see. If it's PMDG quality, I'll happily buy it, but I'm in no rush to pay for anything until I'm sure it's worth it. I really hope these guys come up with a good package and make a stack of cash.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

wow! looks sweet! really looking forward to this ,,,but since the Airsimmer fiasco.. i,m not gonna jump the gun on this one... gonna wait and see ... :( i wish the team all the best.. but please dont rush it.. take ur time and give us a great product,, i,ll gladly wait for six more month for this,,, looks awesome =)regardsSWE-RIB

well,I will shell out for this one too,provided they enable a means of paying via Paypal.I think this might be the deciding blow for the PMDG FS9 737NGX though,if it wasn't dead yet,this one surely killed it.I hope they deliver,as what I can see from the screenshots looks great to me,and their 747 indeed was a freeware gem.

i would also have no problem paying for this if it is well simulated system wise. I am in dire need of a pmdg replacment, havnt tried the other offerings from arian and wilco( i think), but i think this Ifly may be the one to replace the pmdg, fingers crossed anyways.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Wilco one is still worth a punt, even in light of this, since the Wilco one is the earlier 300/400/500 Series jets. The FS9 Ariane one is good, and a lot less than their FSX offering (I paid 29.99 for My Ariane FS9 NG). Apart from the Navdata not being as comprehensive, the Ariane FS9 NG is an improvement on the PMDG FS9 NG, but I suspect this I-Fly NG will render that something of a moot point if the screenshots are anything to go by and it is not too long in coming. Nevertheless, as I say, the Wilco one is definitely worth having regardless, since this I-Fly NG will not render it redundant as far as different 737 models for your hangar are concerned.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wilco one is still worth a punt, even in light of this, since the Wilco one is the earlier 300/400/500 Series jets. The FS9 Ariane one is good, and a lot less than their FSX offering (I paid 29.99 for My Ariane FS9 NG). Apart from the Navdata not being as comprehensive, the Ariane FS9 NG is an improvement on the PMDG FS9 NG, but I suspect this I-Fly NG will render that something of a moot point if the screenshots are anything to go by and it is not too long in coming. Nevertheless, as I say, the Wilco one is definitely worth having regardless, since this I-Fly NG will not render it redundant as far as different 737 models for your hangar are concerned.Al
Hello AlanWith all due respect the FS9 Ariane is not an improvement on the PMDG 737, at least not as far as the FMC is concerned.The Ariane offering has but a few of the functions available in the PMDG FMC, It has even less functionality in the FMC than the Quality Wings 757 which advertises itself as a Lite/Medium level addon.The lack of working Vnav and the useless Navdata means it cannot be talked about as a serious product in the same way we discuss Level-D and PMDG.The Navdata editor has been coming since before 2007 same as the promised Goflight hardware config tool which I was beta testing for them.If anyone still has some curiosity to try the Ariane FS9 and FSX 737's they are available from amazon at

My point is, the Ariane FS9 737NG has a much more up to date and more accurately modeled VC than the PMDG FS9 737NG, with lots of nice features, such as great cockpit lighting, icing on the windows etc. That means if you tweak it up with the ISG FMC (as I have done in the past) and faff with the autopilot, then it is an improvement on the PMDG 737. It is of course not surprising that it is a nicer model, since the PMDG Fs9 737NG was the one which led the way, so it is, naturally enough, easier for things which came after it to pick up their lead and do more.I know it's not a popular thing to say, and of course everyone likes to slag off Ariane, and I'm certainly not going to be an apologist for their promised Navdata updates etc, which as you say are indeed long overdue (i.e probably never going to show up), but the fact is, it is a prettier model than the PMDG one, and you can tweak it up to be better than the PMDG one as far as systems go. The whole reason I actually bought the thing was that it has a waay better- looking cockpit than my PMDG 737NG, and I knew I could 'ISG it'.In any case, I was actually advocating getting the Wilco one LOLAl

Alan Bradbury

Hello AlanFair points about the lighting and icing, and the model as you say is very niceBut even with the ISG gauges fitted the VC refresh rates make this one almost impossible to hand fly departuresdue to it having 17 VC sections.I only bought the BBJ for

Yup, that is one thing they should warn people about sitting down before reading. I do wonder if anyone has ever taken them up on it, and if they have, I guess I picked the wrong career LOL I'm willing to bet that if anyone asked nicely in the painter forum, they could probably get that done for nothing, personally, I did a photoshop job on mine to enable me to repaint it in the absence of a paint kit. This was my favourite repaint of it - from when AVSIM got hacked:2009-5-22_19-23-19-468.jpgI've actually swapped out the DUs on mine too, which also improves matters, by the way.Al

Alan Bradbury

A quick note about the FS9 Ariane 737NG, I had to give that bird up because the VC gauge refresh rate was horrendous...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Well, back on topic, hopefully for fS9ers in need of a shiny NG it will be a moot point soon with this I-Fly job on the way.Al

Alan Bradbury

...............This was my favourite repaint of it - from when AVSIM got hacked:2009-5-22_19-23-19-468.jpgAl
:( :( :( B) That's a brilliant repaint!
............In any case, I was actually advocating getting the Wilco one LOLAl
Yup, the Wilco B737CL is worth getting, I've had this for a long while and its alright - should be able to pick it up at a discount now. It could use some texture improvements and some 3d model tweaks but by and large its good as far as realism goes. Wilco may update it at some point in the future like their ERJs v2, which would be nice.I'm looking forward to see what will happen with the iFly 737NG, its looking pretty promising.

Guest Galant VR4
Can the crew on the REAL 737NG actually see the wings from the flightdeck? I had the impression they had to go into the cabin and look out a passenger window to see wing or engine. I've spent too many cramped hours in real world economy class to want to simulate it! (The most recent 5 hours on an Air Canada 767/300 ended any desire to fly. Seating was most uncomfortable in 50 years of travel. Makes me yearn for a stretched DC8 !)Alex Reid
No offense, but by that logic why even model the outside of the plane? The crew can neither see the tail of the aircraft nor the landing gear while situated in the cockpit, but it would still seem a little strange to release an aircraft without them being modeled. I say if the real aircraft has wing flex, why not model it in FS? As a FA I spend more time in the cabin than most, but its still a nice touch to have in an FS model. Not to mention some of us like to replay our takeoffs or landings while watching from tower or spot view. Flexing wings as lift increases or that flex on landing just adds something special IMO.