Sign in to follow this  

Frame Rates and FS2004

Hi -Would somebody please explain to me about frame rates in FS2004.I flew earlier from EWR to CMH (with real world weather) and I noticed, when I was on the ground @ EWR I was only getting 5-10 fps, when I was up in the air I was getting 20 fps (which is my max). Could I be recieving low fps on the ground because of my video card? (I have a 64 MB NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX420). I was looking to get another video card within the next month or 2. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good video card to buy, I don't really want to spend that much.Thanks Again,Paul

Guest UweR

Hi, you will have read that the most modern cards have problems with FS9 as of now (GeForceFX, Radeon), so I

Guest Andy_YXU

What lind of CPU do you have Video Card may not do too much for you I have GF4Ti4200 and have about 15-20 on ground, 8-12 in clouds, and 15+ above clouds when the clouds are there and all is Maxed out on my setup except cloud density and I can not use AntiAllising I get then 4FPS in clouds I am gonna try some other drivers maybe it will help, but I wouldn't concentrate on Video Card only unless I hear some good review by someone then I'll go for some highlevel GF-FX card

I have a:2.5 GHz Pent 4512 MB DDR SDRAM80 GB Hard Drive64 MB Geforce 4 MX42048X CDROM & CD/Dvd writerThis is all kewl back in October when I bought it, is it time to throw it out already? I hope not.Paul