Sign in to follow this  

How does FSGenesis mesh work with FS9?

I really loved the California and PNW landclass overtop of 75m mesh. Seemed more detailed than what I'm seeing with FS9. Anyone know how the mesh works with FS9 now?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Noel,The FSGenesis mesh works fine. Justin has some installation tutorials at his site in the "Knowledge Base" section.John

It works fine Noel. I'm using the original FS2002 FSGenesis 75- meter mesh for the lower 48 with the 38-meter west coast mesh on top of it. I also have the FSgenssis 1.03a landclass loaded. There are instructions on the FSGenesis site to install the older mesh CD's if you have them. If you buy the newest releases the installers on the CD will work with FS9.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Does it happen to do much with roads and other objects as in goof them up? Otherwise it sounds great. Do you find the 75 or better mesh to be an improvement over default FS9? Thanks for your comments.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I've seen a couple of cases where the autogen scenery is suppressed by the landclass (or a combination of the landclass and the 38-meter). And the 38-meter will cause the occasional road-on-the-side-of-the-cliff. But I've seen nothing major nor any worse than with FS2002. According to Justin, they haven't done much with the mesh levels, they are about the same as FS2002. Most of the USA is 150+meter and the high-res areas are mostly 75 meter. So, the having the 75-meter everywhere helps. And the 38-meter is spectacular. I also have the 9-meter for Hawaii which I'm off to explore now.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Thanks for that Doug. I think I'll give it a whirl! BTW, what do you think of Justin's Landclass? I haven't even explored default, but it looks a bit boring for the few flights i've taken, with some exceptions.Noel

Noel

Guest Lobaeux4

One question - when I dl'd the free 38m files, I clicked on them to install, and they found FS2004 and FS9 (reported as FS2000) so when I installed the installed to 'scenedb' in FS2004 main directory. I then took them and installed them into the Addon Scenery folder. Can anyone tell me if this will work? I know I'm flying over them right now, just wanted the reassurance, lol.

The jury's still out on the landclass Noel. I haven't used it enough to really form an opinion but, just based in what I've seen in areas I'm really familiar with, I like the default better. - Doug

According to the information from FSGenesis all the mesh files should go to SceneryWorldScenery. That's also where the FSGenesis installer option for FS2004 puts them.

It's very apparent where MS devoted most of their optimization time for this sim--the mesh implementation.In FS2002 with FSGenesis' mesh, I would experience frame rate drops. Not bad ones, but it did drop. Now using FS2004 with the exact same mesh, the frame rates are maxed out!! Even the 10m doesn't make a dent.The only way I can get my frames to drop in this sim now is either by cranking autogen or cloud density to ultra dense.-Derek