Sign in to follow this  
Bushido5

looking for a regional Jet

HelloI'm looking to buy a regional jet or maybe a bizjet and was wondering which one you will recomand.I am looking for a quality payware with great VC (actual standard, like PMDG J41 or real Air Duke, not 2 or 3 year old standard) and the more realistic system the better.Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

HelloI'm looking to buy a regional jet or maybe a bizjet and was wondering which one you will recomand.I am looking for a quality payware with great VC (actual standard, like PMDG J41 or real Air Duke, not 2 or 3 year old standard) and the more realistic system the better.Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
I've sure heard a lot of great things about the Citation Xhttp://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationX_20.htm

If you like the PMDG J41, than I highly recommend the FeelThere ERJ135/145 V2. If you want autothrottle and a little more range, the Wilco/FeelThere E-Jets are what I have. They both have excellent FMS functionality, great flight dynamics, nice VC's, great visual models, and are very light on system performance degradation.

The Xtreme Prototypes Series 20 LearJet is worth a look, you get several variants, quite a lot of systems detail, and of course, as with the real LearJet, that thing is more like a fighter with leather seats than an airliner, i.e it goes like greased lightning. The flight model is slightly more forgiving up near coffin corner than is the case with the real Lear, but that doesn't really detract from being able to fly it like the real one, and as far as systems go, if you enjoy flipping all the right switches, it will definitely blow your skirt up. Like the real aircraft, the approach and touchdown speeds are fairly high, so beware of that, also, like the real LearJet, the range and payload capacity is not massive, so that might be something to consider for the type of flying you prefer to do.If you use Air Hauler, this is a good aircraft to have for those small 'last minute' jobs so long as the range is not massive (say, erm Manchester to Paris). There was a review of it by AVSIM a few weeks ago, and it is spot on in its assessment of the thing, so you might want to check that out.Product website: http://20series.xtremeprototypes.com/en/Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you all for the reply.The Xtrem prototype seems a bit outdated from the screenshot I can see.I'm not very fond of the look of the Citation X (nothing to do with the Eaglesoft modeling but with the actual look of the plane it seems like it has a big belly)ERJ 134/145 looks pretty nice actually I might go for it.

I'd still go for the Citation X. I spend 90% of my time in the VC. It's the fasest thing plus the systems are modeled really well. It has vnav too. Also you can buy navigraph updates for it!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm very happy with Flight1's Cessna Citation Mustang -> http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1mustangIt was awarded an AVSIM Gold Star when reviewed and there is also an official cooperation between Flight1 and the real world Cessna company in making the addon, the real Cessna company even has a link to Flight1's Cessna Citation Mustang on it's real counterpart's product page...very cool...check it out here -> http://www.cessna.com/citation/mustang.html

Richard Åsberg

I'd still go for the Citation X. I spend 90% of my time in the VC. It's the fasest thing plus the systems are modeled really well. It has vnav too. Also you can buy navigraph updates for it!
The ERJ135/145 and the Embraer E-Jets have navigraph updates as well.

Guest 413X3
Thank you all for the reply.The Xtrem prototype seems a bit outdated from the screenshot I can see.I'm not very fond of the look of the Citation X (nothing to do with the Eaglesoft modeling but with the actual look of the plane it seems like it has a big belly)ERJ 134/145 looks pretty nice actually I might go for it.
Explain what the look of the model has to do with the quality of the vc and highly detailed systems?

The ERJ135/145 and the Embraer E-Jets have navigraph updates as well.
Cool. Does it have vnav + full fmc modeling?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Explain what the look of the model has to do with the quality of the vc and highly detailed systems?
Nothing.But I'd rather fly a plane I found attractive rather than one I don't really like for personal taste.

Cool. Does it have vnav + full fmc modeling?
I know the E-jets FMS/FMC is one of the most completely modeled on the market. It has every navigation feature you can think of, and with the ERJ v2 series, the developers don't mention every single feature so advanced users can discover them on their own. Obviously, they are not essential to operating the aircraft.

I know the E-jets FMS/FMC is one of the most completely modeled on the market. It has every navigation feature you can think of, and with the ERJ v2 series, the developers don't mention every single feature so advanced users can discover them on their own. Obviously, they are not essential to operating the aircraft.
The ERJv2 135/145 are very nicely done, and not at all hard on the frames. The included documentation is OK, and there is a good third-party tutorial available here: http://www.boomerang.new.fr/ (in English and French).The Honeywell FMS simulation is very complete and the navigation database is updateable (Navigraph).