Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Question about FS2004 disk 4

Guest Ken_Salter

This is from the EULA:

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,I read the EULA before installing and that is the way I read it too. I think it's kind fof ridiculous though as CD #4 is the one that needed to run the game and therefore the most important one. I suggest using the NOCD.exe that's available for FS2004. It may not be legal, but imho, if you bought the game, I don't see anything wrong with it. Believe me, I don't like pirating, and I don't feel it's what the NOCD.exe should be used for. I feel it was made for people like me who bought the game and want to run the game off just their hard drive so it's what I use. But if you are worried about strictly adhereing to the letter of the law and the EULA, then just use CD #4.Sincerely,Jimmy RichardsOne Tin Soldier

HiMy disk 4, as do all of my disks, has a message printed on it that says "Do not make illegal copies of this disc".My interpretation of that is that I am allowed to make an archive copy of each disk. I bought this software and I believe I have the right to protect my investment. Dave

Guest UweR

Hi, the validity of the section of the EULA in question depends on the part of the world you live in. In Germany (European Union) we are allowed to protect our property (in this case the "physical" CD) by making a backup copy. If additional means are required to make that copy, that

Guest lawyerpilot

Notice they said "illegal copies". They did not say make copies. Their choice of words is very telling. Do you think a multi-billion dollar corporation is going to not put any thought into everything that goes into a legal doc or on a surface that is intended to be a legal statement.No. They will think about it very hard..Which is why you can make a copy, just not an illegal copy. For the love of God, why don't you all take a sedative on this.Ken, you are using too much non-legal knowledge to unnecessarily scare the krap out of people.P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest lawyerpilot

"It is illegal to make unauthorized copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or circumvent any copy protection technology employed in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT."So says MS.P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Are we allowed to make a copy of disk 4 for our own use? I am concerned that disk 4 may become damaged, and would like to use a copy. Is this allowed? Will a copy work correctly?TNXJim

Guest Ken_Salter

I'm sorry for using too much non-legal knowledge for scaring people. I wasn't aware my opinion on the EULA carried so much weight.I do not control the actions of other people and they can do what they want. However I offered my opinion and quoted the relevant parts of the EULA.Do as you will. From now on I will not state my ill informed opinion on the matter. I will however follow AVSim policy and remove links and information to any software that circumvents copy protection for any software products, whether they are from Microsoft or not.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"I am the keeper of the cheese; you are the lemon merchant"

Guest lawyerpilot

Ken, don't misunderstand me. I really appreciate, as many others do. what you do for this forum. It's just that a lot of people in this forum look to the administrators for the last word, the most authoritative word, assuming that they have researched it to the nth degree. I am afraid that the use of the "circumvention" is a fuzzy area to some degree and each person should do as they please. As for the removal of posts with the link, I can understand this on the part of Avsim, to protect your interests.P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

" It is illegal to make unauthorized copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT or circumvent any copy protection technology employed in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. "You can make a backup copy and not have to "circumvent" the copy protection, if your CD-RW drive is good enough. For example, my Lite-ON CD writer is able to write the "weak sectors" that the copy protection uses to protect the media from copying, which means that I don't have to use CD cracks etc. I just make a perfect copy of Disc4 with my CD-Writer :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP