Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

What's with FS9 ATC???

I finally got FS9 to work well with the PMDG 737-700. I flew from Houston up to Tulsa. Everything went very well until I was at 11,000 ft about 30 miles southwest of KTUL. I was told to expect runway 18L. After that, at least five, yes 5 times I was, in turn, told to: a) contact Tulsa Approach and given the opportunity to: :( tune Kansas City CenterThis really happened 5 times. ATC: Contact Tulsa ApproachFS9 ATC Only Option: Tune Kansas City CenterKansas City Center: Roger, Continental 342. Altimeter 29.85Finally, when I was over 35 miles NORTHWEST of KTUL, I was told to decend to 2,400 ft and turn right to 120. As I approached 2,400 ft, my GPWS was going off and ATC must have heard it! :-eek They told me "Continental 342. You are 900 ft below your assigned altitude. Climb and maintain 3,500" *:-* They're the nuts who told me to decend to 2,400! The ATC guys must have been smoking weed or something. :-lol Anyway, I was steering 120 and I saw the GS needle decend all the way to the floor. I was then told that I was cleared for the ILS for 18L. Problem was: I WAS ONLY 3 MILES FROM THE END OF THE RUNWAY!!!!! and at a 45 degree angle to it! I would have had to drop at at least 3,000 fpm and turn on my wing tip to make the landing. Seems to me that this is the same way ATC worked in FS2002. It brings you in tooooooo close to the r/w. Anyone else get this result? This was the second day in a row I had to abort a FS9 flight. I really think I'm going to go back to FS2002 and Radar Contact......... At least it gives you a realistic approach.

jd, I'm not aware of any way to save a MS Flight Plan to RC3.1. If I only had FSNav for FS9 it would be great! Is there a set way to set RC3.1 up for FS9??Steve (aka Controller #12)