Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doug Moldenhauer

RC Arrival

Guest Doug Moldenhauer

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me how to tell RC that I want to use a STAR into a Airport. I understand how to setup a SID, by placing a waypoint within 30mi of the Departure airport. When I do that the Controller Info shows "Departure Procedure w/ Altitude Restrictions". Also after pressing the Controller Info button, I'm able to select Dep Procedure with and without Altitude restrictions.Should I also see something that tells me that I am using an Arrival?

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me how to tell RC that I want to use a STAR into a Airport. I understand how to setup a SID, by placing a waypoint within 30mi of the Departure airport. When I do that the Controller Info shows "Departure Procedure w/ Altitude Restrictions". Also after pressing the Controller Info button, I'm able to select Dep Procedure with and without Altitude restrictions.Should I also see something that tells me that I am using an Arrival?
there is a long discussion about stars in the manual, what they are and what they aren't. they are also covered in the flight planning section of the manual. if you want a star so to speak into an airport, the checkpoints have to be in the .pln, placed there by your planner. stars end when you contact approach. don't confuse stars with instrument approach plates, which you can also do with rc, and is also covered in the manual, and in the tutorialsjd

Guest Doug Moldenhauer
there is a long discussion about stars in the manual, what they are and what they aren't. they are also covered in the flight planning section of the manual. if you want a star so to speak into an airport, the checkpoints have to be in the .pln, placed there by your planner. stars end when you contact approach. don't confuse stars with instrument approach plates, which you can also do with rc, and is also covered in the manual, and in the tutorialsjd
Yes, I've read the manual. What I'm not understanding is if while looking at the RC screen at the desktop (not in the sim) if it will indicate wether i'll see something that will tell me that a "Arrival" is being used. It shows text that says "Departure Procedure" if I have a SID with a waypoint within 30 miles of the airport.Everything else seems to be working fine. I normaly just use the vectors RC gives me for a Arrival and then a ILS approach and I havn't used a STAR yet, and just had this question.

Yes, I've read the manual. What I'm not understanding is if while looking at the RC screen at the desktop (not in the sim) if it will indicate wether i'll see something that will tell me that a "Arrival" is being used. It shows text that says "Departure Procedure" if I have a SID with a waypoint within 30 miles of the airport.Everything else seems to be working fine. I normaly just use the vectors RC gives me for a Arrival and then a ILS approach and I havn't used a STAR yet, and just had this question.
nope, there is no visual cue that you are on a star. actually, i can't think of a way that rc would be able to tell you were on a star, it's just a series of checkpoints outside approach.whereas rc knows it's a sid, or might be a sid, because of where the first checkpoint, the last checkpoint should always be as close to the arrival airport as possible.in v5, you will be able to designate the fact that it is a star. kind of where i am in the code right now.jd