Sign in to follow this  
DaryllB25840

Global aircraft quality FS2004

The aircraft texture quality for the Pacific Boeing 737 (and some of the other aircraft)in FS2004 is not the same as it is FS2002.The chrome and aluminum reflections of the engine intake and aluminum under belly are not as bright as they are in FS2002. The Logo, window and door frames are a little fuzzier in FS2004 than 2002 too. In the FS2004 "settings", "display", "aircraft", under "Global aircraft quality" I have "High" in order to have the reflections box checked. There is another selection available "Ultra High". I select that and hit "OK" and when I return to the page it has defaulted back to "High" so I don't know if "Ultra High" was ever in effect.I'm have Windows ME, 700 mhz, 256 MB, nVida 440 MX 64MB video card(4345 drivers). For FS2002 I had installed g4mxdsp.zip(a display.cfg for FS2002)in order to get the reflections to work in FS2002.Any ideas ??Thanks

I'm having the same problem with the global aircraft quality setting also. When I set it to Ultra-high it always reverts back to high. I am running WinXP Home Edition and a Radeon 9800 Pro.Mike4503

I also have noticed that I can't set the Water to "High", it resets to "Low". Your system has more power than mine. See my second posting "Aircraft quality and Water FS2004".

Guest Milamber

See my reply to your above mentioned thread :)

Hi,What do you have "Global Texture" (i think thats what it's called) set at? Mine is set at MASSIVE and aircraft and scenery textures look great.Howard