Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

FS2004 Bug / Problem / Complaint!!!!!!!!

Hello Gang!I just finished trying to shoot some approaches into Princeville airport in Kauai, Hawaii, and unfortunately, the folks at Microsoft decided to grow a big palm tree, right smack in the middle of the final approach to the runway, just about the area where you hit the minimums. It's impossible to land at that airport with that tree in the way guys!!!!! That did not happen in 2002.While I'm at it, they should also remove the humongous autogen building that grows inside of TJSJ in Puerto Rico - that building is not supposed to be there, east of the American Airlines terminal.Also, I'm sure you've all noticed by now, but world bridges are all over the map, except where they belong!!!!!OK! Enough of my soap! Had to vent!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

TROLL alert!>I just finished trying to shoot some approaches into>Princeville airport in Kauai, Hawaii, and unfortunately, the>folks at Microsoft decided to grow a big palm tree, right>smack in the middle of the final approach to the runway, just>about the area where you hit the minimums. It's impossible to>land at that airport with that tree in the way guys!!!!! That>did not happen in 2002.>Not there maybe, but elsewhere.That's an inherent problem when you have things placed automatically and not place each and every object by hand (which is impossible in any decent time for the scope of the FS200x scenery).If you want back to Microsoft doing that, it's back to a few hundred airports worldwide, back to FS95 or so.>While I'm at it, they should also remove the humongous autogen>building that grows inside of TJSJ in Puerto Rico - that>building is not supposed to be there, east of the American>Airlines terminal.>See above.>Also, I'm sure you've all noticed by now, but world bridges>are all over the map, except where they belong!!!!!>hmm, at last I see bridges where they're supposed to be here. Never had that before. >OK! Enough of my soap! Had to vent!>BYE! See you in 2 years for more flames and rants.

and did you notice that the rivets holding the B747's wing together are size 45 and should be 46?what kind of a flight is that to make?

Guest Calb

Yeah....and what about all the nice powerline pylons and Cellphone towers all over the place and have you spotted any of the restaurants with the great big 3D chicken sign out front ?And horrors!!! all the Canadian NDBs that were missing in FS2000 and FS2002 are included in FS9. What were they thinking ??Cal

Guest OneTinSoldier

I don't get you 3 guy's response this this poor gentelman's frustration. As he clearly stated, he's just venting. And I think he's venting because he has right to be frustrated at something that is obviously wrong and should not be wrong.jwenting,I'd say about 50% of the posts that I have seen of yours on Avsim start with "TROLL Alert!" I'm sure you'll keep it up, but I just wanted to say that personally, I'm getting real tired of it. You used a quarter of a page to quote him and then only added 2 lines of you own, neither of which were constructive. I'm still trying to figure out peppy197's response.

Visit the forums at Flightsimnetwork.com--you should see a fix somewhat for the bridges...As for the palm tree, as Forest Gump says _IT happens (in the TV version, anyway). You can throw an exclude around it and paste it into your scenery.cfg--problem solved. Sorry to say, Autogen is just that--it has no intelligence regarding approach paths, etc.... The format for exclude, btw, is like this:Exclude=N40 48 56.4000,W74 04 43.8000,N40 48 24.0000,W74 04 14.4000,objectsIOTW, Exclude=NW Lat/Lon, SE Lat/Lon(This example clears the famous "scenery object not found" error outside of Newark in FS2002)-John

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Wow JohnCi! Thank you! Thank you for giving some constructive feedback and trying to lend a helping hand. :) Hopefully this will help to ease Dennis' slight frustration. I just copied you entire message into my 'FS2004 Tips and Tricks.txt' text file. ;)Sincerely,Jimmy RichardsOne Tin Soldier

Yes its great seeing bridges in the Netherlands. They even replaced the Maas tunnel by a bridge just to show off thats real quality work!

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest Speedbird1

I could not believe my eyes after reading this one..:-eek If someone wants to post an observation about FS2004 or FS2002 he/she has every right to post without fear of being labelled a TROLL.You guys should be ashamed of yourselves to be truthfully honest, if you like flying into palm trees, good luck to you...:-hahIf that was a newbie to FS, how do you think he/she would feel if that is the sort of response that was recieved from posters who have around 1,500 between them..I suppose they might not be posting at AVSIM again.Thanks to JohnCi for some constructive ideas in this thread.

Guest cwright

I agree. The original post was perfectly reasonable.There's no justification for rudeness.... Best regards, Chris

Guest Darren Howie

G'day JwentingSince when is putting up these types of points being a Troll.As a beta tester myself i am pretty amazed that the tese team missed so many major oversights with FS2004(bridges,driver problems,install issues) compared to FS2002.Having paid good money for what is to supposed to be a complete and finished product he has every right to be unimpressed with the problems in FS2004.Why is it we continue to be happy with unfinished software which has numerous bugs,pay big money for it and then when you voice your concerns you are shouted down?Darren Howie

Your troll alerts are becoming a bit of a bad hobbit. Was this one because you were joining in or because you had sighted one? Having sat around and watched you pounce on anything that remotely moves in a different direction to what you believe is correct I get the feeling you were warning people you were coming. You belong in New Zealand with all the other Tolkein Trolls

Hello m'lady - long time no see - where is your trusty sidekick Parker today? Polishing the pink Rolls or the washing the little van?

HiI agree the original poster had every right to post and should not have been disrespected in this manner.As for Jentwing you either think as he does or you`re a troll/pirate in his eyes and it is getting old.Best RegardsKurt

>...in New Zealand with all the other Tolkein TrollsIs that an insult against New Zealanders?BTW, Joeren posts's are sometimes emotional, it seem he has his heart right at his tongue as we say here in Austria. But I second his opinion about all this whining about missing bridges etc. I can't here (or read it) any more :-dohWho cares outside of KSAN, if there is a bridge missing? Who cares outside of St. Petersburg, if there is a bridge or 2 missing?10 km south of my hometown Innsbruck there is the tallest pillar bridge in the world. It streches over an alpine valley, it's pillars are 200 m tall and a 6 lane freeway goes over it. That is a distinctive landmark and it is a reporting point for IFR flights.But this bridge was never in any previous MS-Sims and as also not in FS2004, but have you ever heared a complaint from one of us European simmers about this? And there are hundreds of landmark-bridges all over Europe (and I gues all over the world), which never were displayed in any FS version. But man, who cares? Is it a flight sim or a bridge sim?The US-simmers are just spoiled by the default US-sceneries, which allways were much more detailed than rest of the world's sceneries (much more detailed mesh, more accurate landclasses, more landmarks like Mt. Rushmore, Niagara Falls - jus to mention 2 of them), that a minority of them laments about missing bridges.And it's allways only the same 10 - 15 people, who complain about this and about that. I do not have FS2004 yet, but my impression is, that the vast majority of simmers likes - no - loves it! I can't wait to do my first flight in FS2004.Ah yes, there are - how many - 23000 or 24000 default airports in FS2004 and at 2,3 or 50 of them there is building not on spot or a tree growing right at the runway, or they are located in a deep crater, but as JohnCi quotes Forrest Gump "S**t happens!".WolfgangPS: to prevent from any misunderstanding, it was in no way my intension to be anti US in this post. :-beerchug