Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astrojet 112

Shez Ansari's KCLE Scenery

Guest Astrojet 112

Hi Guys,I just downloaded and installed Shez Ansari's KCLE scenery on both FS2002 and FS2004. As a lifetime native of Cleveland, all I can say is, REALLY, REALLY, FANTASTIC!!!! Right on the money!Thank you Shez! :)I own Simflyers CYYZ and this is just as good!...FOR FREE!I do however have two questions,1. I am experiencing flashing textures mostly around the gate areas.Is there anything I can do to improve this?My system, P4 2.2 400FSB 512 RAM Radeon 9600 Cat 3.2 Drivers2. There are more than a few AFCAD files available for this scenery.Anyone know which is the best?Thanks,AstroGO BROWNS! :)

Well, I know that there's more than one, but I did the first one after e-mailing Shez about one. My file has both AFCAD and RAFCAD files in it. Check under "Steve Lewis" in the files. It's the only file I've uploaded. There is one minor problem I've noticed with mine and that is that I've put too many nodes in some of the taxiways which have resulted in a traffic jam at the intersection of Taxiways J & K with a high percentage of AI traffic -- 70%. I'm working on a fix and should have it available in a week or so. There's at least one other AFCAD for KCLE but I haven't seen it. You're right about the scenery. It's 100% spot-on. Even has the NASA building correctly done! Awesome....

HiI agree 100% and he deserves a hearty pat on the back for all airports that he has done for the community.Best RegardsKurt

Guest panda234

sounds cool! Has this been modified to work with F9 or does it work right out of the box? For that matter, does most FS2002 work in FS9 right out of the box?Billg

Guest Astrojet 112

>Well, I know that there's more than one, but I did the first>one after e-mailing Shez about one. My file has both AFCAD>and RAFCAD files in it. Check under "Steve Lewis" in the>files. It's the only file I've uploaded. There is one minor>problem I've noticed with mine and that is that I've put too>many nodes in some of the taxiways which have resulted in a>traffic jam at the intersection of Taxiways J & K with a high>percentage of AI traffic -- 70%. I'm working on a fix and>should have it available in a week or so. There's at least>one other AFCAD for KCLE but I haven't seen it. >>You're right about the scenery. It's 100% spot-on. Even has>the NASA building correctly done! Awesome....>Thanks Steve,I will give your file a try, any suggestions for the install?Astro

Guest Astrojet 112

>sounds cool! Has this been modified to work with F9 or does>it work right out of the box? For that matter, does most>FS2002 work in FS9 right out of the box?>>BillgWorks great with F9!

Just use the AFCAD.txt file like you would any AFCAD gate file. It should work with AFCAD1.3 or 1.4. Be sure and regenerate your FSNav (or other flight planner) to activate it.

Shez's scenery is in gMax so it should be 100% compatible with FS9. I'm going to install it in FS9 tonight myself.

Yep, works great on FS9 over here. It's a great little 'port!

Yup. Here's a shot of Bill Grabowski's ERJ panel, Nick Botamer's ERJ-145LR, and Shez's CLE2003 on 6L ready for departure.