Sign in to follow this  
Guest jrosstx

FSX Keyboard Problems

Guest jrosstx

Hello everyone,I have been flying in FSX for several months. PC hardware is excellent, and I'm suing the Saitek X-52. My keyboard is the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 (v2.0).Yesterday, during my descent into HPN after a very regular flight, I noticed some problems in the simulator. I have summarized them below:- F5-F8 no longer control the flaps (no function whatsoever)- F10 now lowers the flaps, mysteriously- F9, F11, and F12 no longer have any function, and I can't change the view- G key will not lower the landing gearThere are probably other problems that I have not specifically noticed. I have no idea what caused this to suddenly occur. There are no problems controlling the airplane, though I'm now stuck in "Locked Spot" mode.I spent some time in the "Control" settings, and everything appears to be correct. I reset to defaults to be safe, but nothing changed. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall FSX, but I'm still having the same issue.There must be something I've done wrong. Can anyone point out what it is? I can't wait to get back to flying.Thanks,jrosstx

If you have an old "wired" keyboard available, I would try using it instead of the wireless one and see the you still have the same issues.That would at least allow you to know if the problem is related to your wireless keyboard or lies elsewhere.

Guest jrosstx

Thanks for the response. I attached a wired keyboard, but still have no luck.

Thanks for the response. I attached a wired keyboard, but still have no luck.
You can always try disabling your FSX.cfg file (by nenaming it something like FSX.cfg.BAK) and allowing FSX to rebuild a fresh one with all of the original default settings. This "sometimes" fixes strange problems such as you are experiencing.I know you said you un-installed and re-installed already, but if you did not manually delete your FS9.cfg file as a part of the un-install, it would not be removed by the un-install routine and would be re-used in the fresh install.If indeed the problem is something in your FSX.cfg file, it would still be there in a fresh install.Give it a shot - who knows, might help.

There are probably other problems that I have not specifically noticed. I have no idea what caused this to suddenly occur. There are no problems controlling the airplane, though I'm now stuck in "Locked Spot" mode.
First of all: I never use the F#-keys to change views but the S-key (and the A-key to switch between views in a category), Apart from that: did you check your OS keyboard setting (the overall language setting)? I use Windows 7 and every now and then my default setting suddenly changes to another setting, making all kind of keys behave totally different. You would have to notice that in other apps too, though... and since you can post things here without problems, I doubt if this is it. But who knows, maybe you have a seperate FSX-computer and are typing your posts on another one... :(

I once had the same experience - same Satek controller. I found the I had damaged the aircraft during a rapid descent so the flaps could not change settings. After going trough the menu I found that the flaps were actually damaged so after the landing I removed the marking that it was damaged and then the plane worked fine again. If you are having the same issue then it is ok, this must be configurable through reality settings.

Guest jrosstx

Hey all, thanks for the suggestions for taking the time to help me out. After work today, I'm going to give things another go here.

Just fixed the problem last night on my rig. The problem is a program from "Comcast" called "Constant Guard", it scrambles all of your keyboard commands while on-line and unfortunetly in FSX. It is supposed to guard against hackers getting passwords and othewr sensitive info. Anyhow all you have to do is dump that program out of your system and restart and everything will go back to normal.Cheers!!