Sign in to follow this  

SB Relay

Has anyone succesfully gotten SB Relay to work with COF? I haven't. I don't, however, know if it is isolated to me or not. When I first installed DX9 I was unable to connect to vatsim. Thanks to XP's roll back feature I was able to get DX8 back. Read the posts on how DX9a was OK with SB, installed and nothing cannot connect to session. Now with COF SB Relay states that the server session is created but COF cannot find an active session. I am able to connect to MP sessions via MSN's ZONE.Any ideas?ThanksKevinXP1800+1024meg DDR RAMRadeon 9700 Omega 2.4.74 drivers <---- works great with COF!!

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Guest russell

Hi Kevin,FS2004 definitely requires DX9 (as does SBRelay). So you'll definitely want to have that installed when trying to connect it with SBRelay and SB.If you're not able to get FS2004 to find the session in SBRelay, you might also try entering "127.0.0.1" for the IP address. This is a special address that always points back to your machine.RussellSBRelay: http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/sbrelay/

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Russell:I tried it, and I was able to join the session... SBox wasn't though. It got in and out right after. No errors or anything, just logged in, then logged out. Any idea what could be wrong?Cheers,[a href=http://sgair.net" target="_blank]http://sgair.net/mike/banners/daniel_small.jpg [/a]Click the Banner to visit the FFX Website.

I've tested a couple teams on my WinXP system, with the FS2002 version of SB and the new SB Relay routine...works perfectly. Also ran with AI bridge and was able to see all the VATSIM traffic on TCAS. Only other suggestion I might have is that sometimes connecting can be a multiplayer issue relating to your firewall set-up. I have a router but have to disable my computer's firewall to get and stay connected properly.regards,

Guest daveg4otu

I've had no problem with SB Relay and SB - used the combination OK in both WinME and WinXP(I've got dual boot and have loaded FS9 in both drives for comparisons).The only problem I've found(in both OS) is that RogerWilco /Squawkbox doesn't show the ATC Frequencies list in SB(as it does with FS2k2) so you have to set the RW frequency by entering the RW IP manually then "join".In fact I just put a post up about this a short time ago.Any ideas very welcomeDave

I haven't tried SB Relay yet, but do know that the IVAO version that came out first works just fine on VATSIM and I CAN see ATC by right clicking on SB.

SBRelay deals with multiplayer not with network. If they not show the frequency there are several possibilities:a) you are not connected;:( The upgrade for FS2004 install DX9, if you are using , as decimal separator then you must change to. c) you didn't input FSUIPC key that allows SB to work with FSUIPC 3.Jos

Guest russell

I should also add that when I first released SBRelay, I had the wrong program name in the Readme file where it described how to enter the key for FSUIPC. Instead of "SquawkBox 2.3", it should be just "Squawkbox". Here's the updated info, below.RussellA NOTE ABOUT FSUIPC FOR FS2004:You can download FSUIPC version 3 for FS2004 from www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlIf you haven't registered FSUIPC version 3, you can use this free code that allows it towork with SquawkBox 2.3. Start FS2004, create a flight, click the Modules menu, selectFSUIPC, click the "Register an application program" button (NOT the "Register FSUIPC"button), and enter the following info (it's best to copy and paste):Program name: SquawkboxKey: LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB(note that the character after the 7 is the letter I, not the number 1)

Guest daveg4otu

Many thanks for the above info re the correct name.It's solved all my problems- putting in" Squawkbox 2.3 " prevented the ATC menu showing stations within range on SB,also- for some reason ,always showed my flightplan position as somewhere to the west of Accra(West Africa) no matter where I was!! All seems OK now .CheersDave