Sign in to follow this  
rightseater

Biplane for FSX

Can someone recommend a quality native FSX biplane? I've been sitting in the back yard watching a couple of Stearman's practicing stunts over the FBO all afternoon and it got me in the mood to fly one in FSX. What's the best? Payware or freeware is fine.

Not sure who makes it but the Christan Eagle is great. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Not sure who makes it but the Christan Eagle is great. :(
I'm actually looking for a bit more vintage Ron, you know, like a B55/G58 :( . I just remembered there's a great Tiger Moth in the library I'm going to check out.

I'm actually looking for a bit more vintage Ron, you know, like a B55/G58 :( . I just remembered there's a great Tiger Moth in the library I'm going to check out.
Haven't looked lately but there used be a nice Stearman... :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The Tiger Moth is a riot!

Bert

No doubt about Ant's Tiger Moth. First class! It's a stick and rudder bird though - there's no AP ability, but it'll roll with the best of them.I'd like to recommend the Stearman 75/PT-17 by Golden Age Sim. An excellent model, and you can fix it up so that Otto will do most of the work. I got mine from the PC Aviator download store.

Mike Beckwith

There is a payware stearman comes in 4 skins, and i think 34versions. Really nice. Cant remeber who made it.

For a freebie you could try is Tim Conrads WACO UPF-7 for FSX SP2 it is pretty good. I can't recall which library I downloaded it from but Google is your friend. One of the Piglet's Peculiar Planes Stable.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

For a freebie you could try is Tim Conrads WACO UPF-7 for FSX SP2 it is pretty good. I can't recall which library I downloaded it from but Google is your friend. One of the Piglet's Peculiar Planes Stable.
Yep, I tried that one. In fact, I've been through about 10 or so last night and this morning. My favorite is that Tiger Moth. That's a quality offering.

Ah, that was the Stearman I was thinking of. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Yep, I tried that one. In fact, I've been through about 10 or so last night and this morning. My favorite is that Tiger Moth. That's a quality offering.
Does the Tiggie have the realistic impulse generator failure when approaching power lines as a mate of mine's did in RW? :(

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest napamule

I usually don't 'recommend' any aircraft but this one might fill the bill. File name is 'pitt_s2b.zip', 1074 kb. Came out in 2006. Works in FSX.Quote: 'TF-TOY Pitts S-2b version 1.0, by David Skulason and the model is by Yasuhiro Ishii. This plane works for Flight Simulator 2004'.I can not locate the web site the read me cites. Went 'out of business' I guess. I tweaked the cfg and air file (and can make it available at MediaFire hosting site-will upload tomorrow-it's late). I mean this thing is ridiculous fun. Has spoiler. Does 250 kts. Will post link to file tomorrow. I have had the Stearmans, the Waco, etc and this one I can fly and land from 2D panel (I press 'W' to get mini panel gauges). Has VC (only rpm gauge shows) so you can add your own vc if you prefer VC. The views are there (view R/L from 2D. I use hat switch for those). Looks good. Prop is ok. Glass is ok. Has pilot. Has smoke. Just a great model. If you already tried it, and didn't like it, wait and try it again with my FDE's. You might like it then.CBNapamule