Sign in to follow this  
kiekar01

PC (screen) freezes

Hello, I'm trying to isolate my problem with the PMDG 747-400 and 747-8. Each time when I am flying the same flight plan form KJFK to EDDF my screen freezes. I do not receive any error message and I also here sound. When the pc locks up, I wait for serveral minutes before I do a hard reset. I'm assuming it's the PMDG aircraft thats causing my screen to freeze because when I use the LEVEL D 767 with the exact flight plan I don't have any lockups. When Flying I'm using the REX weather engine and I also set the simualtion rate at 8x over the ocean and return to normal when reaching main land. This issue has been annoying me for some time now so any help would be much appreciated.My system spec. EVGA GTX285, i7 920 overclocked to 3.8ghz, Muskin DDR3 1600 6-7-6-18, and ASUS P6T Deluxe v2. For testing purposes I also had set the cpu clock speed to stock 2.67ghz.Regards,Karl

Karl Kiesling

Hello, I'm trying to isolate my problem with the PMDG 747-400 and 747-8. Each time when I am flying the same flight plan form KJFK to EDDF my screen freezes. I do not receive any error message and I also here sound. When the pc locks up, I wait for serveral minutes before I do a hard reset. I'm assuming it's the PMDG aircraft thats causing my screen to freeze because when I use the LEVEL D 767 with the exact flight plan I don't have any lockups. When Flying I'm using the REX weather engine and I also set the simualtion rate at 8x over the ocean and return to normal when reaching main land. This issue has been annoying me for some time now so any help would be much appreciated.My system spec. EVGA GTX285, i7 920 overclocked to 3.8ghz, Muskin DDR3 1600 6-7-6-18, and ASUS P6T Deluxe v2. For testing purposes I also had set the cpu clock speed to stock 2.67ghz.Regards,Karl
Karl! if you are using sim rate 8x, then don

Leif A Mikkelsen

Karl, their response might be a reminder you are required to use full names in their forum.Direct contact is only assured if you visit their support web page and open a trouble ticket.Also, there's plenty of threads in this forum regarding this problem and it has always been a problem with the user's system and never a bug in the pmdg simulation. I think there are several active users that might help you in the forum if you were inclined to accept that.

Dan Downs KCRP