Sign in to follow this  
Guest lawyerpilot

A MAJOR INCREASE IN FRAMERATES...READ HERE>>>>

Guest Bigshot

Walks away; shaking head!!

Guest lawyerpilot

Nice Cessna LC-216 OdogP4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest lawyerpilot

Nice Cessna LC-216 OdogP4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Mine worked just the opposite. When I installed FS9 my computer was already selected to use System Cache and managed Ram. I was having all kinds of problems (sound disappearing, textures disappearing on the AC and VC, low, low frame rate...ETC,ETC) it was a nightmare. Someone suggested switching to Program instead of System Cache, solved all my problems. My system now runs great, much improved. Monty

Guest lawyerpilot

I have switched back and forth for verification more than 20 times without any repercussion except a slower desktop and faster/slower sim.P4 2.81024 DDRAMMSI 800 Bus MB36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Don't know what the difference might be, I tried switching back to System Cache and my performance takes a dump. I will say however, FS2002 runs the same with either setting.MontyDell 82002.53 Ghz 533FSB CPU1024 Mb RD800 RamGf4 Ti 4600 128mb Video (Driver 4403) Viewsonic 21" VP211b Flat Panel Monitor (1600 x 1200 Native Resolution)Audigy Sound (Latest Drivers)Seagate X15 15000 RPM 37 Gb SCSI Hard Drive E:(Dedicated to FS9)Thrustmaster Hotas CougarWindows XP Pro SP1

Guest jase439

I guess I'm desensitized to reinstalling Windows :) I'm willing to roll the dice and push the envelope. If she tanks on me, you'll be the first to know :)

Guest Edam

No problems with that setting here, WinXP Home, GeForce Ti4200, 512 RAM.I didn't get 25 FPS taking off from Boeing Field to Seattle, but there are many other factors involved with framerates. The main thing is that the sim ran smoothly, no jerkiness, no stutters, no problems. No files deleted, reboot went just fine. No catastrophes.

Guest ScottPilot

Sorry, but this didn't work.I changed my system settings as suggested in this post, but unfortunately my frame rates didn't change, but the smoothness did.MAJOR STUTTERS. The sim flew so choppy that I almost became motion sick! (ha, ha)Anyways, I changed the settings back to "Processor" and everything was back to normal.I guess it depends on the system and how it is configured.Good luck to others.Happy Simming!Scott :-)ATP/CFII - KCOS, in the real aviation world.PIII 1 GHz with 512MB SDRAM and 2x AGP DFI motherboardVisiontek Geforce MX 440 64MB Card with two 17

Guest AJ

Same here as well. I tried it and my frames were exactly the same as before, but the visual look strange with textures cutting in and out. AMD 1400XP512 DDRGForce4 Ti4400

I made the changes suggested, rebooted, and got an immediate failure of my video card driver followed by hard disk errors.I had to boot in safe mode, revert to the original settings and reload my video card drivers to restore my system to working order.Windows XP ProfessionalA7N8X Deluxe moboATI RADEON 9500 Pro512MB Corsair Low-Latency Memory80GB HDLee

Guest lawyerpilot

I would say that more rather than few are hurt by this suggestion. I just wanted to suggest it in case it helped others as well. I apologize sincerely for any problems it may have caused some....I guess we are all in search of the 100fps... :) I hope that I may have other ideas that benefit you in light of that search.P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi All,I once did this about a month or more ago according to a suggestion in another forum on optimizing for Flight Simulator. After rebooting, I had a terrible error message. It was something like...WRITE_DELAY_ERROR Windows could not write to the file C:$MFTThat would be the Master File Table. A Very important part of NTFS. I knew what to do to try and recover. So I rebooted and immediately started pressing the 'F8' key. In the troubleshooting options menu I chose 'Restore From Last Known Good Configuration'. I believe this restores your system registry from the last known good working one. I rebooted and was ok, for a few days. Now, this could have all been because I had already set my Pagefile size to a set size. But if you ask me, then this option to System Cache programs should have let me know it should not be done with a set size pagefile. This option is a pretty easy to get to option seeing how it is part of the Windows GUI. Yet it is a dangerous one imho, because of what happened to me. What happened a few days later was, I booted up and got a message that...The File C:WINDOWSsystem32configsystem is either missing or corruptIf I'm not mistaken, that's your system registry. Now think back to what I said using 'Restore From Last Known Good Configuration' means. I eneded up having to reinstall WinXP from scratch.The Windows Registry... the worst idea MS ever came up with.Regards,One Tin SoldierA Sair/GNU LCP(Linux Certified Professional)Debian(Sid a.k.a unstable)/GNU Linux 2.4.21-pre4-ac4 EXT3 filesystem(on the SCSI HD).I never have to reinstall Linux, even using the above listed version.