Sign in to follow this  
brandon

I love project AI...isn't it more frame rate friendly than ultimate traffic and...

Guest lawyerpilot

I really want to use Project AI b/c I loved it in 2k2. Any idea if the models are more framerate friendly in FS9 than Ultimate Traffic or My traffic. I would presume they are. Plus, you could install only the airlines that you want....i.e. I don't really care about global traffic, except those that land at bos, jfk, lax, etc.P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest Joshieca

>I really want to use Project AI b/c I loved it in 2k2. Any>idea if the models are more framerate friendly in FS9 than>Ultimate Traffic or My traffic. I would presume they are. And why would you presume this? I suggest you take a look at this website, scroll down to the bottom, and you can see which group of AI creators makes the "best" AI traffic for your usage. The frame rates will be the same or worse for FS9.http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gotorun/AIframe.html

Guest CargoMun

The aircraft used by Ultimate Traffic and My Traffic is to my knowledge PAI aircraft :DThe models from FSP and Aardvark give much better performance - and look better as well :)

Guest hassata

I just installed MyTraffic 2004 and it works great!

Guest lawyerpilot

Joshie, My good boy, it was more a simple end to the paragraph then a major presumption. And to clarify, I simply thought PAI was lower in polygons. Bad assumption after I read that post. Thanks for the help, although the delivery could have been a little less harsh...we are all here to help one another....or at least I am...P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Who are you to tell us what we can or cannot presume. The guy was asking a simple question.

Guest lawyerpilot

Maverick, thanks man, I appreciate it...it seemed a little harsh to me too.>Who are you to tell us what we can or cannot presume. The guy>was asking a simple question.P4 2.81024 DDRAM800 Bus36 gig SATA hardrive80 gig harddriveATI Radeon 9700 ProCH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -270 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

I recommend using all of them. Personally I am using PAI for the commuters, 727s, 737s, and regional jets. I use AIA for 757s and DC9s as well as some of their 737s. FSPainter holds the medal for all my heavy jets such as 747s, DC10, MD11, 767, A340, A330, and B777. I have entire FSP fleets for those widebodies. And for Russian models, there are many great ones on www.avsim.ru which work very good for AI. I only run a 1GHz and FPS are not too bad... tweaking is what does the trick :)Regarding PAI and UT, they are using PAI models for both UT and MyTraffic. I do everything manually but did buy UT mainly to access to hard to find schedules. I have been very pleased with the result of doing it manually even though it's like having a second full time job :) FlightPlans.txt is over 25MB now w/Traffic.bgl in on 88MB size.Good luck!Brandon