Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

jetlinesystems coputers?

I heard some good things about them from other users. If you trust yourself to research for good components and build and configure the machine yourself, you are surely better off financially. But Jetlinesystem offers all-in-one configured solution for FSX. FSX can't be run with all max with heaviest aircraft and heaviest AI, like FS9 can. BUT, you can configure it to eat pretty much lot today.

Search these forums. There were a few testimonials posts recently here on JetLine systems.

Does anyone own a jetlinesystems computer? I went on their we site and they look good but are pricey. I would like something that will run FSX and high settings.Greg
Hi Greg-I'm sure enjoying mine. And I sure don't miss sweating bullets waiting for my home-built to post!

Hi Greg-I'm sure enjoying mine. And I sure don't miss sweating bullets waiting for my home-built to post!
I have 3 custom PCs currently, all have been built and overclocked by yours truly, and I've never had an issue with any of them. I probably spent about as much on my 3 PCs as you would for a single Jetline PC.

I have 3 custom PCs currently, all have been built and overclocked by yours truly, and I've never had an issue with any of them. I probably spent about as much on my 3 PCs as you would for a single Jetline PC.
Not everyone are techies like you, me and many other users here. But some just have money. That's how the world is...Tell you truth though, even if I had millions, I would never buy a custom built system. Just for the sake of make a build on my own, cuz it's FUN! :(

Not everyone are techies like you, me and many other users here.
The internet can make anyone a techie, thanks to search engines. Next, I think I'll work on brain surgery. :(

Art

I probably spent about as much on my 3 PCs as you would for a single Jetline PC.
All such claims are full of hyperbole. I once sat down and added up costs of all IDENTICAL parts (if purchased independently) and compared with the equivalent Jetline system and indeed I saw a mark-up but nowhere near what some often claim here. I don't recall whether it was closer to 20% or 40% mark-up but well within the reason. For some of us here, not necessarily millionaires, it amounts to peanuts in the typical monthly billing cycle.

I recently started building my own PCs, and it's not that hard but there is always a moment of anxiety after the last screw is turned and before the first boot. I've had to take stuff apart and reconnect things ad nauseum in my learning process. It's fun but not for everyone. I can appreciate how someone would just want a box that works and has a warranty.Setting up an FSX system has so many levels of complexity: Component Selection ---> Construction ---> Software/Drivers Install ---> Tweaking ------> Testing ----> Repeat, you have to determine what level of involvement you want to have and where you want to get into this process.I looked at the jetline systems and compared to say Cyberpower or ibuypower they are on the expensive side, but you are getting a turnkey solution with support.

Not to try to talk you out of JetLine but there is another option - you buy the components and have someone else build it. I am sure there is a reputable shop near you that can do it. This way, you get everything customized but you don't have to worry about the tech stuff. I am not a techie. I just did a lot of research here and at other flightsim sites to figure out what the best stuff was at the time. I have put together my last three systems this way. If you have enough knowledge to choose the right JetLine system, you should have the basic knowledge to pick out our components one by one.You need:MotherboardProcessorCoolerRAMVideo Card(s)Sound CardBig hard drive for the OSFast hard drive for FS (get two if you are going to have more than one version)DVD drive(s)CaseCase fansPower supplyMost of the high end systems here are using similar stuff so putting everything together shouldn't require too much research. Newegg is a good place online to buy components. If you have a Microcenter near you, their prices are just as good on a lot of things.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I recently started building my own PCs, and it's not that hard but there is always a moment of anxiety after the last screw is turned and before the first boot. I've had to take stuff apart and reconnect things ad nauseum in my learning process. It's fun but not for everyone. I can appreciate how someone would just want a box that works and has a warranty.Setting up an FSX system has so many levels of complexity: Component Selection ---> Construction ---> Software/Drivers Install ---> Tweaking ------> Testing ----> Repeat, you have to determine what level of involvement you want to have and where you want to get into this process.I looked at the jetline systems and compared to say Cyberpower or ibuypower they are on the expensive side, but you are getting a turnkey solution with support.
I too have built my own PCs but decided not to go through the process you described above, again. I was pleasantly surprised with my Jetline system-these guys do good work. What you're paying for is a well-constructed, tuned and overclocked system that upon arrival is done.I've also had great support for some minor, and often unrelated issues (how to install SSDs, etc.) so as mentioned, you always have technical support available.