Sign in to follow this  

Turning OFF Joysticks!?

I haven't seen this discussed concerning FS9 yet so I thought I would open up the flood gates...I would have thought that with all the complaints from users that M$ would have built in the functionality to turn off individual joysticks. It is a real pain in the proverbial flight seat of the pants to have to keep unpluging my two other Logitech joysticks when I want to use my CH Yoke!Maybe some inventive third party developer will come up with a patch that will finally let us choose the joystick we want to fly with from within FS9?

<<<>>>Why do you need to unplug them? I use CH Products Yoke and Pedals with Wingman Extreme 3D stick all the time, all connected. See other thread today for my personal configuration.Only problem you might have is if you have conflicts and do not disable one or the other's individual controls. For example, I was getting throttle spiking with both activated so killed the one on the joystick and now use the one on the yoke even when flying with the stick. Feels better, actually, more like a cyclic for rotorcraft.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Mark, that's a very silly sig, LOL. Do you really think anyone reads that stuff?http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest outtatimeiii

I would like to know something about like that. For example, I have 2 Logitech Wingman 3D joysticks both plugged in (gameport and USB). I took apart one of them one day and made it non-centering (removed the spring from the X-Y axis). I could easily nail landings perfect since there was no force from the spring. But, if you let go of the stick, the stick flopped forward and down you go LOL. I just want a easy way to swap between the two joysticks seamlessly. There are times where its better to have a centering stick (crusing), and theres others where a non-centering stick is best (landings or takeoffs).