Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

Best video card for fs9?

Hi, I just came back from vacation. I'm going to buy FSCOF, and new video card. Hm, radeon? or nvidia? hmm, I'm completely confused. Please help..ThanksJacek

Guest mrblutarsky

I have the Radeon 9800 Pro and I am very pleased with it. The textures and scenery and especially the clouds look stunning. I run it at 1200 x 1600 32 bit. Frames rates are excellent.The Radeon 9800 needs to be paired up with a good processor, though. It will not give the same performance with, say, a 550 P3 as it would with a 2.8 P4.

Thanks, I have athlon 2100XP, I will go for radeon 9800pro or geforcefx 5600, 5900 maybe, which one from those is better for FS?Jacek

hm, I can get GeForceFX 5600 for $200. Anyone know if this card is good for fs?Jacek

Guest Max Cowgill

>hm, I can get GeForceFX 5600 for $200. Anyone know if this>card is good for fs?>>JacekNot unless it's the Ultra version and even then it won't be anywhere near as fast as a Radeon 9700 Pro or 9800 Pro. The high-end Radeon cards are the best cards for FS no doubt. You can run high resolutions with 4x (or higher) AA and 8x (or higher) AF without a huge loss in fps like the FX cards... -Max Cowgill

Hello All!Well! Even though the 9800 is a magnificent card, the Nvidia 5800 or 5900 are also magnificent cards. Driver support is far much better with Nvidia than with ATI in my opinion. THis is not to bash ATI, but you may also want to consider looking at these other options as well.My 2 cents.Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Thanks, I'm still thinking....... hm.BTW, I wasn't here 2months. It's crazy......... too many new things.....:) aaaaaJacekwait.... anyone know if atr42/72 eurowings work in new fs?I love atr, and they look great.

Im getting a new card too (this week or next week) I decided to get the Radeon 9800 Pro 128

Guest Max Cowgill

>Hello All!>>Well! Even though the 9800 is a magnificent card, the Nvidia>5800 or 5900 are also magnificent cards. Driver support is>far much better with Nvidia than with ATI in my opinion. THis>is not to bash ATI, but you may also want to consider looking>at these other options as well.>>My 2 cents.>>Dennis D. MullertQuick question, Dennis:Do you actually own an ATI card and have used any of the latest Catalyst drivers or are you basing your opinion off of what you've heard from others or past experience? ATI's drivers have matured so much over the past couple years (especially since the Catalyst series came out) it's not even funny. Like I said though, if you want to use AA & AF the only cards that can do it without a huge loss in fps are the Radeon 9700 Pro and 9800 Pro (even the 9600 Pro can do it). The Geforce FX series take a huge drop in fps whenever both AA & AF are enabled, and their (Nvidia's) AA doesn't even compare to ATI's.-Max Cowgill