Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Any Panel designers out there? I would like to move

:( Anyone know how to find the location in the VC of the blank instrument spot and if it can be used for an active gauge?It sure makes sense to me to have it with the other engine instruments and in plan view rather than partially hidden by the yoke.C185FPanel.jpg RayM

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

If you don't have FS Panel studio it's trial and error. You need to find the spot, and the coordinates for that areaI'm not proficient with the coordinate system in FSX maybe someone can chime in. To start off , check the panel.cfg and find where they put the tach in... errr the RPM indicator. And you'll want to be below that gauge.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you don't have FS Panel studio it's trial and error. You need to find the spot, and the coordinates for that areaI'm not proficient with the coordinate system in FSX maybe someone can chime in. To start off , check the panel.cfg and find where they put the tach in... errr the RPM indicator. And you'll want to be below that gauge.
I have FS Panel Studio but I can not find the location of the blank instrument. I've tried oversizing nearby gauges to see the overflow as sugggested by Bert but, no joy there. It just seems such a waste to have a half hidden critical gauge and a wide open blank spot in the panel where it should be.Ray

Guest Coast_Dawg

Another option Ray would be a simple move of the VOR gauge for the MAP gauge. That's what I did. I swapped VOR1 for the Manifold Pressure and VOR2 for the VSI. That's a less than 5 minute operation in Notepad (with the panel cfg file). For my type of C185 flying I prefer easy view of the MAP gauge and VSI than the vor's.Cheers!

Another option Ray would be a simple move of the VOR gauge for the MAP gauge. That's what I did. I swapped VOR1 for the Manifold Pressure and VOR2 for the VSI. That's a less than 5 minute operation in Notepad (with the panel cfg file). For my type of C185 flying I prefer easy view of the MAP gauge and VSI than the vor's.Cheers!
I also have done a lot of gauge location swapping around, also added a flap indicator, but, with a full complement of the available gauges it just seems a big waste to have the nice unobstructed view of a blank gauge location and one of the needed gauges is half covered at best. Thanks.Ray

Guest Coast_Dawg

You have a point. Actually, I stared at that nice empty location quite a few times myself!BTW, where (and which) flap indicator did you include?

You have a point. Actually, I stared at that nice empty location quite a few times myself!BTW, where (and which) flap indicator did you include?
I think it is a cessna. I search on my stuff using FS Panel Studio and took the first round one. Works like a charm, just don't have a clock anymore.Flaps1.jpg
I think it is a cessna. I search on my stuff using FS Panel Studio and took the first round one. Works like a charm, just don't have a clock anymore.
gauge13=BonF33!Flap_indicator, 278,18,100,89Looks like it is a Carenado flap indicator.