Sign in to follow this  
january

AI Hot Air Balloons

Just cruising around Phoenix today in the default Extra, and to my amazement- Hot Air BALLOONS !I have no AI AddOn software - this is default FS9 AI @74%. Looks much better full 45" width across the three monitors.Anyone run into this before?Alex Reid

Doesn't surprise me, Phoenix is an extremely popular place for the pilots who are full of......well...Hot air :( It has to do with the wind currents, they're almost perfect for balloon pilots

Guest simmer9304

If I recall they are an easter egg but not exactly AI. I think they are static scenery much like what you can place in RWY12. There is a large hot air balloon gathering in Phoenix each year

I think there are some around Las Vegas too. I'll have to check after I land in KATL.

These balloons have been around since FS2k2 in the Phoenix area. It's amazing what one still finds FS just cruising around. I still haven't seen those shooting stars at night people keep talking about.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I still haven't seen those shooting stars at night people keep talking about.
Me neither. I would love to find out what time/day/area has a trigger to cause that effect so that I could see it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just cruising around Phoenix today in the default Extra, and to my amazement- Hot Air BALLOONS !I have no AI AddOn software - this is default FS9 AI @74%. Looks much better full 45" width across the three monitors.Anyone run into this before?Alex Reid
Hi AlexThanks for this post.
For anyone interested, Anthony Lynch put together a list of all the scenery "extras" in FS9.It is in the library - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=100545regards,Joe
Hi Joe Thanks for this info. I downloaded the file and it's great. :(

Me neither. I would love to find out what time/day/area has a trigger to cause that effect so that I could see it.
I've never seen the shooting stars in FS9 but just recently FINALLY spotted them in FSX. I had set up a somewhat long evening flight and with dinner being ready, set up the AP and went to eat. About 30 minutes later I came back and just as I was sitting down, I saw two streaks of light come flying across the sky, extremely fast. They streaked across in the same direction that my airplane was flying. It was gone in an instant but there was no mistaking that they were shooting stars. Actually startled me initially! LOL! :(

Alexander Alonso