Sign in to follow this  
Guest BOM

FPS Limiter

Okay I must be dumb.I am running W7 Pro 64 bit. I have installed Java and the test applet on the java websit shows that is is installed correctly.the GUI file is not seen as a Java Executable, just as a jar file.I can run the jar file on a different computer with no problems so I did that. Copied the FSL folder, including the batchfile to my fs computer. changed the path to the fsx folder and still I have a short flashing dos screen.Can Anyone help me, as it is driving me crazy. I am absolutely positive that the path is right.I tried putting the FSL folder in different locations, being Program files, Program Files (x86), the FSX folder and a Program files folder on a separate drive, Of course I adapter the path every time, but the result remains the same.I hope someone can shine a light on this.Thanks,Manfred
I am having the same problems with this too. Have been working on it for about 10 hours. I have tried both ways with clicking the JAR file to creat a bat file and manually creating a .bat file. When i try and open the jar file i select FSX and then it just runs fsx afterwards. it enever asks me about creating a BAT file

If this hasn't been sorted yet, I run a simple shortcut:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FPS Limiter\FPS_Limiter.exe" /r:D3D9 /f:25 /x:OFF /l:OFF "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe"
Where the first path is the full path to the FPS Limiter executable, "f" is the frame rate lock (ie. /f:30 would be a limit of 30FPS, /f:15 would be 15FPS etc.), and the second path is the full path to the FSX executable. :(

If this hasn't been sorted yet, I run a simple shortcut:Where the first path is the full path to the FPS Limiter executable, "f" is the frame rate lock (ie. /f:30 would be a limit of 30FPS, /f:15 would be 15FPS etc.), and the second path is the full path to the FSX executable. :(
How do you make a shortcut to do this? Sorry, I'm not that good with these things. :)Aleksi Lindén

Hi fellows. I am kinda late here, hah?I am not new in FSX but looks to me I am behind a bit :)I read about FPS limiter, internal and external and stuff like that. Where can I download these tools and where can I get some detail how to use it? Never had that before. Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Download latest nvidia driver, and install Nvidia inspector. Set your frames there. You don't need any other external limiter any more.

Good, thank you Word Not Allowed. One more dumb question. How will I what is optimum frame rates to set? Honestly I am not that person who mess with performance much, I wish I was. So I need just a bit more help.Thanks again.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

If your CPU is not overclocked, I'd suggest you do it. Locked at about 25-30 in that case.

Guest cassis
Download latest nvidia driver, and install Nvidia inspector. Set your frames there. You don't need any other external limiter any more.
Word Not Allowed... but you said earlier that setting an external limiter was not a good idea ??? I have my fps locked to 30 in Nvidia Inspector but will try to unlock it both in Nividia and FSX...

Correct, I stand by my opinion that external limiter is not a good idea, at least not on my system.Now, if you still want to use it and are 100% sure external limiter is a better solution, then by all means do it: but you don't need an external prorgram, only a newer driver and Nvidia Inspector (this is ment as "external limiter").Don't run unlocked - that is the worst idea.Best is either or.

I agree with Word Not Allowed and many others external frame rate limiters are not always a good addon.Essentially they were desinged for the 'weaker' 'older' type of cpu's to reduce load etc. Another thing to bear in mind is that if you use vsync w or wo Triple Buffering - (w is best), then that effectivley sets your FR to 60 fps or the refresh rate of your monitor - and then you install another frame limiter that sets it to 30. Your poor video card won't know whether its coming or going, and you could experience the dreaded vsync stutter.IMO The limiter in FSX does an excellent job and it has very little resource penalty.But if it works on your system then use it! :Peace:RegardspH

Anyone know how to set up your FPS limit on an ATI RADEON HD6950 ? i have ati tray tools installed but couldnt figure it out...

i followed the instructions above to use FPS limiter and set frame rate unlimited on FSX and still doesnt lock the frame rate

i added you on skype ,meantime, yes i get the black dos screen, it loads all up and shows also the green FPS RATE:30 but on fsx (after Shift-Z) i can see it still on unlimited and overpassing 30