Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Sad News About FS2004- Please Read

You Fly EmI Design Em (Real Ones)If i was you, i would take your Real Aeroplane in to have a service, and then say to the Engineer........Its ok mate, it flies just like MS FS9 !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest gasebah

Joel,I agree 100% and thx for bringing it up again. I would have missed it.Alex

That's just you. That's NOT the market Microsoft aims the product at.The sim you want is obviously NOT the one Microsoft wants to market so you're better off looking for another product.You might get one cheap (say $5 million instead of $15 million) in a clearance sale when another airline goes bankrupt.

Guest gasebah

Ahem,did it ever occur to you that Mr. Betti is earning a lot of money by telling people their flight models are as real as possible? Now do you think that Mr. Betti might have an intention to make people think everything is just great?Alex

No.... thats not what i was talking about .........I was comparing the Cost of a Single Full Motion Flight Sim(Which is Developed to a high standard and very realistic)To the cost of Microsoft Flight Simulator after thousands have been sold (Which has less realistic flight dynamics developed for it!!!) IE If a Full Motion Flight Sim (With its sophisticated flight model) can be developed for 15 Million dollars (FACT... SAS A320 FLIGHT SIMS)Why the hell cant Microsoft put a bit more work & money into developing there flight model, Becuase i think Microsoft are getting more than 15 million dollars from sales generated by M S Flight Simulator. (Im talking about all MSFS Versions From 1980s onwards)

it has delivered a better base product than its competitors (the Fly series for example). The latter have been reduced to almost 0 by MS.I really like FS2004, but I have to correct you on the comment above :)As one who knows.....The demise of the Fly! series was due to the long-term illness (and eventual death) of Richard Harvey, plus bad business decisions by TRI's publishers. Fly's demise had nothing to do with MS. If anything, Fly! pushed MS to deliver a better product with FS2002.Sorry, but I could not let that comment go without responding.Cheers,Allen

Guest Coneman

Well, I was having fun unitl I read this ;-)Todd

I have skimmed through the article and read a few posts, so I am some what abreast of the matter. My feelings are that at this time us regular joes are going to load our old FS2002 planes and use what is compatible, until some patches are released then we will update them as needed. I don't see this as a shocker to the FS world. When ever a new version of FS comes out there is always that period of time where we must adjust to the new way Micorsoft is attempting to make the sim better. If the improvement is visual or in other areas, the FS is improved. You cannot say that COF is a step backwards or sideways. The reason is because it is its own version. You can say,"...well in FS2002 I was able to do this, but now I cannot it COF. Microsoft really screwed up..." NO, Microsoft did not screw up. They took a game and made improvements to it. This is what is called a new version. The FS community adapted to FS2002 after FS2000, and I have all the confidence in the world that we will all adapt to COF. We have some very creative designers in the FS community. I know they will all do very well with COF. Us regualr joes that could not make a paper airplane fly will have to just sit back, enjoy what we have for now. Because in the very near future all our talented designers will have cracked the code to COF and once again we will have a tamed the new beast.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Simple, my friend. MS does not target trainees or airline pilots as their market. I don't know how such a simple answer is evading so many people's minds. They forget we (the hardcore system) are a MINORITY in FS's sales.Cheers,Daniel P.

As many people have noted FS9 is but a scant few days old. Those of you old enough ( or have been arounnd the sim scene for a long time ) remember that these talks happen every version. This is broken or Msoft did this.Someone posted a fact and opinion thread - my logic is this.1. FS9 has made dramatic improvments.2. FS9 has changed they way some things are done, change doesn't always mean cripple.3. Old utilities may require substantial updates to read the changed data format.and lastly....Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. I am sure the addons we know and love will be just fine.There is no conspiracy, there is no star chamber full of sim makers figuring how to destroy us.Richard GreenVATSIM Controller - former AF DRIVER and all around nice guy http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Plus of course because (in large part because of that) Microsoft has a lot more to do than just perfect the flight models.Not only does the average user not care about having them correct, in fact he will often think that correct flight characteristics are in fact incorrect because he has the wrong expectations.And THAT affects a lot of the self-proclaimed experts in these forums as well.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:Yeah, I know what you mean. We (FFX) have had our share of table pilots telling us our airfiles aren't right, and saying they know becuase "they've flown in the plane as passengers a lot" :-lolBTW - Do you use AOL IM? I tried contacting you and you won't respond.Cheers,Daniel P.

Ok fair enoughI would say however that in the future, MS should open up and let Experienced FS developers (Payware or Freeware) to work with them to ensure major problems like the one outlined in the begining of this thread dont arise!!!Full Backwards Compatiblitiy with Prevous FS2002 Addons Provided they adhere to the rules outlined in the SDKs Now where have i read that before?[www].Microsoft.com/flightsim/fs9 ? By any chanceWhats that its not their any moreSuprise Suprise!!!!!!!!

>That's just you. That's NOT the market Microsoft aims the>product at.>>The sim you want is obviously NOT the one Microsoft wants to>market so you're better off looking for another product.>>You might get one cheap (say $5 million instead of $15>million) in a clearance sale when another airline goes>bankrupt.Again - you convinced me! I will do that! Just send me the necessary money. Shall I email you my account number or do you like to send me the money by cheque/international money order?Seriously - is this the only advise you can give? Microsoft aims the product at - ahem - idiots? Where is the problem when MS makes the simulator realistic, ESPECIALLY, IF THE "TARGET-CUSTOMER" DOESN

Guest emergency_pants

LMFAOROFL Really, sometimes this forum cracks me up and this thread really takes the biscuit! Heheheheh. Oh no... it's... it's... it's..... *gasp*... DIFFERENT!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Hahahaha.Really now girls, put your handbags away, get out more, and let's all enjoy a damn fine product instead of putting a downer on it.*chuckle*I'm having a blast with FS9. It's cracking!!!!Simon.