Sign in to follow this  
DaryllB25840

Aircraft quality & Water FS2004

I can't select "Ultra High" aircraft quality and make it stick. When I return to the page after clicking "OK" it has reset itself to "High". The same for Water. I can't select "High" and make it stick, it resets itself to "Low". I can't have the Land & water slider set to "High" and have the Water set to "High" at the same time. When I select the clouds to "Ultra High" it remains there when I return to the weather page.Is it my equipment that doesn't allow those settings to take hold? Windows ME, Pent III 700 mhz, 256 MB, nVida 440 MX 64MB (4345 drivers).Thanks

you cannot bring an elephant into the same small room of RAM and video RAM you used for fs2002 without taking off its trunk

Guest Milamber

I think most have the same experience with the Aircraft Quality settings but I don't know why (but all check boxes get checked under just the High setting. As for the terrain and water effects sliders, it is doing what it is supposed to do. Setting the terrain detail slider to Land & Water gives water animations like FS2k2. If you set the water effects slider to high it moves the terrain detail slider to Land only and you get the new Bumpmapping water effects instead of animations.

I liked Gerrish's trees and the oceanstx & oceansfx files. I was wondering if those will be out of the window for FS2004.